Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My gf wants a new bike!
  • chrisa87
    Free Member

My gf wants a new bike for riding bridleways, but capable enough for the likes of follow the dog. She’s been looking at some of the Norco’s and Boardmans at around the £500 mark. Is there anything else to consider?

argoose
    Free Member

Stamp your foot and say you want a new bike too 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

Those or something from the like of Marin or Trek.
    My better half loves her Marin

willber
    Free Member

Specialized Myka is good – my Mildred’s been using hers for years without any issues – I did stick some rebas on it though.

higgi
    Free Member

my g/f loves her Giant Talon W3 . womens spacific makes all the differance . she says its best bike shes ever had

cinnamon_girl

Good for her, just make sure it’s similar quality to yours. 😉 WSD is not always necessary, says she who only has blokes bikes. 🙂

Look at secondhand, you’ll get a better and lighter bike for your money.

shotsaway
    Free Member

The Islabike Benin 29er would probably be ideal for the terrain that she wants to ride.

grum
    Free Member

Paul’s cycles often has something reasonable around that price. Not sure about women’s specific ones.

takisawa2

My Wifes bike (which today saw its 6th outing in 3 years), is a 15″ Spesh Hotrock, with Exotic carbon forks. I looked at what was available but glad I put it together myself. It’s got a 1×9 Deore drivetrain, & Truvativ finishing kit, SB8’s on XC117’s, & some old Juicy’s. It actually rides well & compared to what Halfrauds were knocking out for £200, its stupidly light & easy to ride. I did get her a Spesh woman’s body geometry saddle, which she says is good.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hang on, I can’t believe no one has suggested giving her your bike and YOU get a new one 🙂

chrisa87
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments, I was thinking that whilst she’s spending on bikes she can’t complain about my spending 🙂 Maybe its time for a new fork!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My gf wants a new bike!’ is closed to new replies.