• This topic has 33 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aide.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • My friend died today..
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…the one that I posted about a few weeks back

He’d been in hospital since Dec23 with water retention f£cked kidneys etc then he was let home on Saturday ( back to his mothers as his house was still full of SH7t)

Today he was collected by ambulance for his dialysis treatment…

He had a heart attack from being moved about fluid around heart, his mother and sister were called to come ASAP unfortunately they didn’t get there in time…poor sod died alone…

I’ve spent the last few weeks talking to him daily going through how we were going to change his life about…get him help clear his house etc

He didn’t deserve to die today…just wished he’d been braver to get help 6 months ago

He wasn’t always like this we spent a lot of time hanging out….28 years of friendship gone…

Mental health kills in a roundabout way…

bruneep

sorry for your loss.

curvature
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. I can’t say anymore but remember your friend for what he was, your friend.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Sorry to hear. Sounds as if you’ve been a good friend when he needed you. The 28 years of friendship hasn’t gone though. You may not add years to it but it will always have been there.
    Rich.

iolo
    Free Member

****. Remember the good times you had together. So sorry to hear such awful news.

wwaswas

You still have the 28 years, treasure them in your head and heart.

Klunk
    Free Member

here’s to your friend may he rest in peace.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m so sorry to hear that. Whilst he won’t suffer anymore himself the pain felt by others who were close to him will sometimes feel unbearable 🙁

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

My condolences.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Crap news, thinking of you all.

MoreCashThanDash

Sad circumstances. Try and remember him for the good times, and be proud that you were there for him in the bad.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Terribly sorry to hear this. I hope you had some good time together towards the end and it wasn’t too much of a surprise to you. Please keep talking on here, we’re more than happy to listen.

SaxonRider

I am sincerely sorry to hear this. Be well, and try to remember that your friendship with him will have been of profound importance to him – especially over these last weeks.

Best wishes.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, heard through the grapevine a friend of mine passed away recently, had some great times and being a fellow Cornishmen we got on well with both of us being away from home.

Cheers, Steve

frankconway

I’m sorry to read your post; you were clearly a good friend to him.

Try to be strong but don’t try to stop the tears – just let them flow.

theotherjonv

My condolences.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I read your last post on this, it’s a very sad outcome.

I hope you find some good times you can recall, maybe not now, but soon.

Drac

Sorry to hear this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tough day. Try and take some comfort that his suffering and discomfort are now over. Remember the good times. Try and find your favourite thing about him and put a little of that into your life.

Bunnyhop

So very sorry.

ton

remember the good times mate. life is a bastard, but the good times shine through.

craig24
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. I’ve read your previous threads, you were a obvious a great friend to him. Remember the good times mate. 😉

takisawa2

Sorry for the loss of your friend. 😐

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about the sad news.

He knows you were there for him.

spacemonkey

Sorry for your loss buddy 🙁

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear your news. A distressing story, particularly following the recent threads.

Best wishes.

scaredypants

Sorry to hear that. As said, you likely helped him feel a bit better about himself recently and were obviously a good friend in the long term too.

Mental illness is a bastard

Take care. Don’t hate what he did; remember what he was.

Ben_H

You were a good friend and especially so when he needed you most.

Sad times – I know – but you made a difference to someone who mattered.

jamj1974

I am very sorry to hear this unfitgeezer. Take heart in that you were there for him – many people would not have been so steadfast.

Thinking of you.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your loss unfitgeezer. Life really is crap sometimes. I also lost a friend last year who was a lifelong diabetic and unfortunately fell into a coma when no one was around to help and unfortunately died two weeks later. He was only in his early thirties. 😥

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You have my sympathy. I’ve lost a few myself, over the years. Never gets any easier.

I’d focus on those 28 years if I were in your position, though…

“We are expelled from the uterus as if from the mouth of a cannon, which is pointing at a barn door full of hooks and rusty nails.

The important thing though, is what we do whilst on that trajectory…” (Chris Hitchens).

All the best.

globalti
    Free Member

Bad news. I feel your pain; one of my most valued pals drank himself to death about 15 years ago and I still miss him badly.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sorry to hear that. keep the good times close.

aide

never good to hear that un-fit-g, my condolances. like others have said it sounds like you were really good mates with each other, keep strong with the many memories you will have

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘My friend died today..’ is closed to new replies.