Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • My frame just snapped, woe is me.
  • njee20
    Free Member

Araldite. And Gorilla Tape.

superstu
    Free Member

waiting to see if this turns into a “they wont warranty this” thread… 🙄

TiRed

I’d just fix it, or pay someone else to. It’s obviously a manufacturing defect, but easily remedied. I’d do it myself, but paying someone else to is just as good an option. It won’t even need any painting.

All of those carbon fibre fixers produce good results, I’ve seen some and raced with people on fixed top tubes (handle bar impact after a crash is quite common). But to be honest, it’s nothing like as serious as those repairs. Just some decent epoxy and bind together to cure.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No, I don’t have the money for one.

I’m confused, were you not spending about £2k on a Mac for internet surfing and homework duties a few weeks ago? And are most of your post not spending related 🙂

larkim
    Free Member

Warranty vs consumer rights? 6 years max under current legislation I believe if you can prove that it is a defect which ought reasonably have been expected not to occur under normal use within the timescale already passed. Hard to prove I suppose though.

For the hassle, if a few ££ will sort out a strong repair, that might be the most cost effective solution.

larkim
    Free Member

I know you didn’t buy directly from Bianchi, but is there 5 year warranty referred to online not relevant?

http://www.bianchi.com/Media/Documents/Bikes/BianchiWarranty_Global.pdf

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It will depend on the exact warranty terms when it was sold – plenty of manufacturers swap the terms around depending on what is snapping 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Consumer Rights Act allows up to 6yrs from DoP for purchases where it could be reasonable for the fault to have been present initially.

Kryton57

Also that document was published in 2010. If its still there, its relevant and applicable from then until now aka through my ownership of the bike.

I’ll let wiggle know 😉

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘My frame just snapped, woe is me.’ is closed to new replies.