Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My Fox Floats have just developed a noisy top out clunk. Why?
  • iamtheresurrection

Not sure what’s happened for a really unbearable clunk to suddenly appear. I did recently increase the pressure to 125psi and I did have an off last week, but I can’t imagine either are related?

Is there anything obvious with 2012 Float RLs that fails resulting in a top out clunk (worse of lockout, although that’s expected I guess)?

What do you reckon? Off to Mojo for a service and repair, or fix it myself?

Any help appreciated…

Craig

iamtheresurrection

I’m psychologically bruised by no replies 😉

For anybody else who read this, I found that dropping the pressure to half and cycling the forks about 30 times appears to have cured it.

I read something on a search result which suggested air/oil where it shouldn’t be that this was the quick fix for…

creamegg
    Free Member

Took my forks apart over the weekend. (Fox float fit rlc). Most i.e. 95% of the oil on the spring side had migrated to above the air spring. There should only be 5ml in there. Easy to drain out from the top though. Nothing complicated on the spring side just release the air first).

I think its a known issue and you can get replacement seals for them. I now have full travel- it topped out at least 30mm before

iamtheresurrection

Thanks for that. I’ll whip them apart next weekend and have a look…

ontor
    Free Member

Oil migration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My Fox Floats have just developed a noisy top out clunk. Why?’ is closed to new replies.