Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • my first what tyre ;-) what tubeless / tubeless ready 29er for all round / year
  • firestarter
    Free Member

i want a new set of tyres (not bonty really) for running tubeless on the 29er whats good these days. i want to fit and forget and use all year round cheers

Clink

Shame as Bonty ACX are a very good all-rounder. Mud-x perfect for current conditions 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

i like the acx normally but tubeless seems a bit hit and miss .

Shackleton

I've had good experience with conti MKs tubeless. 2.4 f / 2.2 r.

Good if you ride soft and/or loose terrain, not so great if it is all hardpack (squirmy through corners) or thick mud (too fat and not big enough teeth). Roots can cause issue if you run too high pressures but I have yet to find a tyre that works well on roots without hapering the rest of the ride. Have a read through some of the stuff on http://www.twentynineinches.com, just search for "tires" [sic].

I have to say that ACX are probably the best ride in all seasons tyres I used in 26 flavour.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm looking at those Bonty TRS (or whatever) 3 for next purchase. Currently running Hutchinson Pythons but not quite enough for depths of winter slurry I think.

Clink

I'm running WTB Stout up front at the moment. Heavy but fantastic grip on rocks/roots and clears mud well. I use 2.4 RR in summer, but with tubes.

oddjob
    Free Member

I'm running racing ralphs at the moment and they are useless in the mud. I can't get the Kenda navegals that I have onto the ZTR rims and I don't have the cash or inclination to blow £70 to £80 on a new set of tyres at the moment.
    I am only using it for racing anyway at the moment so I suppose it will do, I just have to run up the steep bits 🙂

br
    Free Member

Why on earth would you expect to be able to fit a tyre that you can ride on all year around – unless you're a Roadie…

thekingofsweden

Michelin ACX will do for all year they are not that good at anything in particular but they tubeless easy, roll well in a straight line, they are cheap but just beware when trying to go quick

keavo
    Free Member

the michelin is good enough in any conditions as a back tyre, one of the best to run tubeless too.

emac65
    Free Member

I'd still go for the ACX's & hope they are a "hit" because they are a truly wonderful tyre for 29" wheels…..

firestarter
    Free Member

b r i use my current bonty acx on the 26 all year round as they work all year round not brilliant at anyone thing but good enough not to need to swap em i might have to try some more bontys but will have a look at the michelin acx too. cheers chaps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘my first what tyre ;-) what tubeless / tubeless ready 29er for all round / year’ is closed to new replies.