Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My first photo exhibition and sale (kind of)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My sister in law is organising an auction of people’s arts and crafts for charitable purposes, and I said I’d print out some photos they could frame up.

Now I’m looking through and it all looks crap.. damn this is hard!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get em professionally printed then… Will make all the difference on pro paper and done well

MrSmith
    Free Member

you need archival paper/inks/mounts.
    who want’s a print that changes colour/fades after a year or two?

grumm
    Free Member

Nice one molgrips

I mostly use DSCL for prints – they are cheap and the quality is good, they say they use archival quality paper, dunno about inks….

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I sell prints of my drawings in mounts from http://www.merlinmounts.co.uk they sell the clear bags to put them in also. It looks loads better mounted and bagged. You can buy the mounts in bulk under ‘picture mounts packs’ also check out any £1 shop type places nearby for frames. You will be surprised at what you can find.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Sorry just read your OP again, pictures ‘they can frame up’ sozza mol

molgrips
    Free Member

They aren’t worth anyone spending more than a few dollars on to be honest, it’s just to raise a few bob. Don’t think it’s worth paying to get them printed up – I’d probably lose more money than I will on paper and ink 🙂

I will probably try and look for cheapo frames, make them look a bit better all round.

I’ve got photos on the wall that I printed ten years ago, still looking good mind.

philconsequence
    Free Member

charity shop for nice frames mol!

cheapest way of buying frames 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

We will be in the USA, so Walmart. But good idea otherwise.

I’m thinking a few multi-frames of 4 6×4 pics of flowers will be good, given the target market 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I mostly use DSCL for prints

link?

grumm
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

🙄

bridgette1
    Free Member

Right up my street, my other arf does picture framing and mounts etc http://www.cadremont.co.uk/shop are you based in the UK ?, from the horses mouth – not sure what this means but – make sure they are acid free and conservation board, if it’s for charity then go for a contract range type – that will do the job and not cost the earth – hope that helped

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My first photo exhibition and sale (kind of)’ is closed to new replies.