• This topic has 31 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My first My new bike thread, Ti 29er content ;oD
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

Really chuffed with this build, I was really unsure about the whole 29er thing but in the end i wanted to try it. In for a penny in for a pound. Still waiting for Niner forks which are on back order. But for now ive managed to borrow the great looking Dt rigid which dosent look to shabby either.
    Now if i can just upload some shots…

[img]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb451/nosemi/lynskeypro29sl003.jpg?t=1297373065[/img]
    PLease be nice..
    Oh and yes the cables all need shortening!

bigsi
    Free Member

Where to start ?

😉

forgotmename
    Free Member

That looks very well proportioned(if thats a word), it just looks like a big 26inch wheeled bike, very nice indeed.

rOcKeTdOg

borrowed fork is the reason for the long steerer i guess?

c_klein87

looks smart, not so sure about the uber narrow bars apart from that, tidy!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Has it got aluminium headset inserts,can’t see on touch screen. Getting a lynskey made salsa and very dubious after seeing photos-mtbr rumor mill reported major creakage.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Looooong seat post. Nice

nosemineb
    Free Member

Yeah i darent cut the steerer down, i would never be forgiven.
    I dont think it does have inserts. I was worried about the sliding dropouts but they have changed them since people complained about movement and genaral creakiness of the earlier type.
    I like the narrow bars so there staying!
    It looks big to me, but i tend to go small on my bikes.
    Its a large and i am 6ft, with long ish legs though.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

have you ridden into a wall already?

nosemineb
    Free Member

The seat post is exactly the same position as it was on my old ht, although this is a good bit longer in the top tube. I said i like them small!
    I was toying with the idea of getting a medium i know how stupid that was now. 😳

oddjob
    Free Member

Beautiful bike. Enjoy it 8)

Andy

I love those Pros!

Needs wider bars and I have to admit I am not a fan of pine interior doors.

Looks nice though

chewkw
    Free Member

Why oh why do they have to bend the down tube?

🙄

rOcKeTdOg

so forks will clear it when turning? (i agree though, looks odd)

neil853
    Free Member

Lovely

ahwiles
    Free Member

1 good reason for the twisted tubing?

Leku
    Free Member

If you told me it had been run over by a lorry I would have believed you….

hoojum
    Free Member

Very tidy. Hows the ride? Does all that twisted tubing create a stiff frame like they say?

thebunk

Looks beautiful.

Just had a look at the prices 😯 Some gamble if you weren’t sure about 29ers!

mollyiom
    Free Member

Love it, this is the frame I was after but couldnt get a large, ended up getting a Ragley td-1

nosemineb
    Free Member

It does feel pretty stiff but ive not ridden a Ridgeline without the Helix so i cant compare. Personally i think the helix looks great.

Quite a few companies have played with the downtube curves before lynskey so its not that new or odd imo. It does look fat though at 2 inch! The chainstay plates are lovely too but you cant see them in the photos.

Mollyiom, where were you trying to buy it from?

Oh and no dont think ive hit anywalls recently but thanks for your concern. 🙄

When i get some niner forks on it i will post another pic so some of you can hate it more. 🙂

mollyiom
    Free Member

just looked at hotlines and chainreaction both showing months delivery. i love the helix look,

nosemineb
    Free Member

Mollyiom- There is another story to this purchase and i thought you may have co-incidentally been involved. Turns out not.
    The helix looks better in the flesh to, i think the 3rd pic isnt the best. When the frame is against a close background it stands out more. I can confirm it look fantastic in my garage! 8)

howie74
    Free Member

Hey,what does it weigh with tho’s forks and gears? ive got a very simular set up on ss good choice.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its was 23lb when the picture was taken.
    I am now using cross tyres tubeless for a bit of exra speed on the roads so about 22lb now i guess, with a lighter slr fibra saddle also. Still waiting for the niner forks.

howie74
    Free Member

I run a shop called STREETLIFE CYCLES in lowestoft suffolk and thats how i got it… it was however my second choice in 29er ti frames the first choice went back due to qc issues but im happy with what i ended up with. please get some photos up with the niner forks i love em…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Nice!

nosemineb
    Free Member

An update after finaly getting my miner forks. Not ridden off road yet.

And this before the forks in commute guise with cross tyres running tubeless.

donsimon
    Free Member

Sorry but I prefer the before. Niner forks look fine on Niners, stating the obvious a bit.
    Nice bike btw. 😀
    How do you get on with the twist grips?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Twist is nice enough but I will be going back to shimano I think when a replacement is due.
    Ive had 3 months of waiting for the forks and I know there are a few who diss them on non niner bikes but I just had to have them. Just a lovely fork im really pleased with them.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

From what I can see they look good, need better pics though 🙂

bol

I think you’ll find the Niner forks are a whole lot stiffer than the DTs. Not sure whether that’s a good thing or not.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My first My new bike thread, Ti 29er content ;oD’ is closed to new replies.