Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My first EBAY dispute
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

So – I have my first ebay dispute on the go.

I have opened the dispute and have a response from the seller which remains unsatisfactory. However I don’t see where in the ‘resolution centre’ you can progress things – the status reads “Seller to respond by 20 Oct, 2013”. He has already sent me a message which is his response.

It also says “The case will automatically be closed on 11 Nov, 2013”. It Looks to me like the sellers response has not been recognised by the system – does that mean I will get my money back?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I would guess at no, you won’t.

I’ve recently banged heads with eBay and Paypal’s ‘Buyer Protection’ and found it hopeless. Anything outside something just not turning up blows it’s mind. They have no real interest in resolving issues that fall outside simple tickbox responses.

Expect disappointment.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

What’s your dispute over?
    Its not a broken camera lens is it?

Sold one recently, clearly advertised as broken/for parts with detailed description of the faults and said that it probably can be fixed if you know what you’re doing.

I would have binned it, but thought it was worth a punt to get a few quid (6, to be precise)

2 days later, I had an email from the buyer complaining that it was broken. sheesh..

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you are the buyer – it sounds like you are expect compleet satisfaction as Ebay shafts sellers and protects buyers

IIRC there is another box for you to reply or some such that then resets the time scale

Did they reply by e-mail or to the dispute?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Try doing the dispute through paypal rather than ebay

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve only had one dispute but that required the period to elapse before it gave you the opportunity to progress further – it seems to have no regard to whatever happens up until then.

My case is similar in that I disputed something with a seller, the seller made it clear they didn’t want to compromise/negotiate over it so I raised a dispute, had to recontact the seller to confirm their stance and once the deadline was met I could raise it to the resolution centre.

I found ebay were very supportive in my case as a buyer (although it seems a bit hit and miss at times).

My advice would be wait to 20th Oct and then raise the dispute to the next level.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I am the buyer. I bid/won/paid for a course of someone who could not attend – semed ok. I got the details through but on contacting the school they won’t accept the booking saying they were never ok with it going on ebay.

Dispute open. The seller has contacted me through the normal message system after the dispute was open and said he would sort it out but it is not sorted (the school are quite clear they won’t accept it). So I have opened a dispute on the basis the item was not received.

Seems straight forward to me but I’m just worried this won’t go anywhere as I cannot seem to move it on other than wait for the deadline set. I will try Paypal.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yup, paypal resolution centre should give you the option of “item not received” – might be a quicker way of doing it.

I did this recently as I couldnt seem to progress things through ebay, and after no response from the seller for a week, I thought perhaps he wasnt interested.

sugdenr
    Free Member

but on contacting the school they won’t accept the booking saying they were never ok with it going on ebay

School might not be entitled to do this, if their t&c’s dont say their reservation is non transferrable, like airlines etc. If they cant refuse but do then they are liable to refund. And since you bought the contract from the seller (the debt) they are liable to refund you.

Carefully crafted email threatening them in the right way is liable to resolve it, check their t&cs

uwe-r
    Free Member

This was found in my favour without any hassle so a good result from an ebay issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My first EBAY dispute’ is closed to new replies.