Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • My first contract phone….?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Starting uni in a week, so think now would be a good time to start a contract.

The contract;
    Dont need crazy amounts of minutes or texts.
    Internet would be nice, but not needed.
    Cheap as possible (looking at £15-20/m)
    12 months ideal I guess, could live with 18 months?
    Vodafone would be good, but only becauase Im with them atm (PAYG), and they have good reception, dont mind moving company. Im guessing Ill have to get a new number?

The phone;
    Doesnt need to have an amazing camera/mp3 player/web browser (as I have half decent things for each of them anyway), but nothing too shoddy.
    Dont need the latest gadget, but something vaguely good would be nice.
    Something fairly sturdy, as it will often be in my pocket when riding.

Bout it really.

Guessing theres no special deals around for students?

Any deals on atm?

Ta, Duane 🙂

muggomagic

if you're just about to start uni, i'd suggest you don't start a contract just yet. give it a few months and see how you get on with more important expenses, before you tie yourself in for 12-18months.
    Some very good deals on PAYG at the moment. 3 give 300 texts, unlimited 3 to 3 calls, free skype and 150mb of browsing (plus your credit) so long as you top up £10 at least every 3 months. the more you top up the more freebies you get.
    O2 do something similar too.

transporter13
    Free Member

o2 unlimited for me mate….£15 a month top up and it gives you unlimited calls and txts to any 02 number whilst retaining the £15 to text/call other networks/landlines etc…after the first 3 minutes a day for landlines at 30p it goes to 5p a min for the rest of that day….works amazingly well if all/majority of your mates are on 02 as well.

Also, because I top up £10 or more every 3 months, I get 02 broadband for £7.39 a month

Not for everyone, I know….but is brilliant for me 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My first contract phone….?’ is closed to new replies.