Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • My first bouncy bike!!!!! (Santa cruz Superlight)
  • Mole
    Free Member

Love my superlight-but some of these builds are putting me right off!

Smarty
    Free Member

For why, Mole, for why ?

sohala
    Free Member

each to their own, mole… each to their own 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

Santacruz – I WANT ONE! 😥

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Mole
    Come on we're all grown ups what dont you like:

I'm not keen on mudguards but they do serve a purpose

I'm also not sure on some of the colour mixes used but again that's totally personal and actually creates conversation.

bar ends, with or without risers always creates opinions?

936ADL
    Free Member

Great bikes, just love the simplicity of single pivots.

Here's my old one.

Alex

Superlight was the first proper FS I had from 2001.

Back in the day when 80mm forks and noodly SIDs at that was where it was at! That stem length is also something to behold. It ended up with some longer forks, wider tyres that actually gripped something and a stem less likely to act as some kind of aviery 🙂

Survived the Les Gets downhill course tho 🙂

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Mole, a "stealthy" one for you here. Its one of the best MTB's Ive had, very fast up and down hill as well as the flat. Watch out for it in races. 😛 Not sure what the difference is betwen by "standard" Blur and a superlight, anyone help?

Pauly

Superlight is single pivot, Blur is VPP.

xcstu
    Free Member

Ti29er
    Ya it is quite long.. pic angle prob makes it look longer… 400mm seatpost n far bit still in frame 😉

Special_ized_Jamie

Andy – where is that pic in Yorkshire?

Andy

Special_ized_Jamie; dalby red (almost exactly 12 months ago today 😀 )

martyntr
    Free Member

Aside from it being a bike, I'm so sure that the bar ends, middleburn? cranks, mudguards, wierd looking old saddle don't ruin it ..

Barends – for enduro comfort and climbing and are Carbon ergo stubbies.
    Middleburn – what's wrong there, I fail to see an issue ??
    Mudguards – The rear one prevents the Joplin from seizing up and the front one stops me getting sheep shit in my mouth.
    Saddle – Flite Ti, which I've had on 4 bikes and is the most comfortable saddle for me.
    8)

martyntr
    Free Member

Not sure what the difference is betwen by "standard" Blur and a superlight, anyone help?

as pauly said… there's no linkage on a SL. Just simplicity.

DezB
    Free Member

Woah there! Have I stumbled upon a stw in an alternative universe? Not one person slagging the OP's bike in anyway! No-one mentioning any background minuté in the pic. Wow.

Nice bike anyway, but where's the headbadge?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Cool i get to post a pic of my pride anf joy!
    Now with 130 dual air Revs and black chain rings.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I have got the head badge just need some decent glue to re affix it, The guy i got the frame off said it kept falling off so he left it off.

Amazed that no one said anything about the bike especially the silver spacers and there not much you can slag about the garage door or a concrete floor is there………….

jad
    Free Member

Dodgy phone picture:

Just fitted some new Reba's with Maxle to it. First ride with them tomorrow hopefully.

Great bikes.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

nice

penguinni

Not a Superlight but my Blur at Kirroughtree on Thursday..

JoeBones
    Free Member

My superlight is better

🙂

Andy

Great thread. No bitching, just all about the bikes 😀

JoeBones
    Free Member

Totally

Travis

been posted on here before, but here's mine

now without bar ends, as I kept whacking my left knuckles on trees, when going around the some corners..

Also, have changed the saddle to a white one…. sod it.. I'll post a new pic up…

with pedals level and white saddle;

megastream
    Free Member

Common as muck 😉

Here's mine, only been out once, built it up in a rush and needs a little tweaking on the gears and brakes.

Will have new wheels and brakes in the next 8 weeks…..

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Megastream, I think I've seen that bike somewhere else? Very nice.

are you John L?

Scottlacey
    Free Member

There are some very good pictures on here guys.
    Thanks for the positives on my build, Having never had a bouncy bike before I'm not sure on the the rear shock the frame came with (fox float R), and having rode HT for the last 5 years I would of liked to have been able to have locked the rear out so may consider getting hold of a RP23 in the future. It may be fine I'll have to wait and see………..

Andy

I dont really use the 3 propedal settings on my RP23, maybe I need to experiment more? Or have others just gone for RP2s? I have found running the shock really soft and getting all of the 100mm rear has had big benefit though!

jad
    Free Member

Clean with new forks. Getting ready to go and get it filthy.

Travis

I've only used the setting once or twice, normally in a race, where it's not technical, nor bumby, so I set it to HT setting (only want a little movement, as I'm getting old, and would like to walk to the bar later in the day)

Andy

Yup flick the propedal on and off while riding, but dont adjust between the 3 propedal settings.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Andy – Member
    Yup flick the propedal on and off while riding, but dont adjust between the 3 propedal settings.

+1 (just set it at setting two on propedal)

Andy

Actually just checked and mine is on setting two as well. There you go, didn't notice that before!

shortbaldone
    Free Member

jad – Member

that is seriously nice looking bike, i am drooling and you need to post it to me immediately
    is it 2010 frame?

Paceman
    Free Member

My GF's Santa Cruz Juliana Superlight shortly after it's rebuild…

Slacks
    Free Member

Wow, there are some seriously pretty bikes here. I'm trying to decide between Reba 120mm forks or 100mm SID's. Any thoughts?

Mine:

megastream
    Free Member

Scottlacey – Member
    Megastream, I think I've seen that bike somewhere else? Very nice.

are you John L?

Yup! 😆

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘My first bouncy bike!!!!! (Santa cruz Superlight)’ is closed to new replies.