Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • My first android phone…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

…is arriving on Tuesday. It’s an HTC Desire. What fun things can I plan on doing with it? (other than the obvious calls and texts)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Androidforum is a good start and do a search for andriod apps on here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you may have missed this LINK lots of good apps. The only other thing to expect is lots of Iphone users telling you its crap

fatboyslo
    Free Member

OOO OOO

Was just looking at 1 of them today ….

Would you post your initial thoughts later in the week …. it does look pretty good but i wouldn’t mind hearing the thoughts of a new owner ( never had an Android phone myself either so not really sure how good they may be)

ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

The reason I chose it is that someone said to me that Android is like lego, you can build what you like. Iphone is a jigsaw, it’s very nice to look at but what you see is what you get.

rootes1

I got a desire last week, first ever non Nokia… it is ace.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got a desire last week, first ever non Nokia… it is ace.

Sanp still playing round with it. You can even hold it with either hand and make phone calls!

chvck
    Free Member

You can even hold it with either hand and make phone calls!

eh?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The promise of being able to make calls was a big draw for me.

boxelder

eh?

You use either ear too – especially when operating machinery.

Got one from work last week. Get the impression I’ll only ever use 10% of it’s potential.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Sanp still playing round with it. You can even hold it with either hand and make phone calls!

Its a dig at the new Iphone 4, it was reported it lost signal whilst held in your left hand due to the position of its antenna.

(its crap)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Does the battery last more than the 5 minutes the iPhone manages?

rootes1

Battery life is rubbish compared to my old Nokia e71… needs a charge once a day, but using more (like now) and it has a bigger screen to power…

Murray

Not as good a phone as my N95-8Gb or camera but much better for web etc. Plus apps are useful. If Nokia can catch up I’llbe back again.

Might be worth considering another Android phone that has Swipe – it is the best way of entering text but they only OWN it now.

Murray

Not as good a phone as my N95-8Gb or camera but much better for web etc. Plus apps are useful. If Nokia can catch up I’ll be back again.

Might be worth considering another Android phone that has Swipe – it is the best way of entering text but they only OEM it now.

cp

why is the N95 a better ‘phone’?

Murray

Better battery life. Drops fewer calls.

spacemonkey

Iphone is a jigsaw, it’s very nice to look at but what you see is what you get.

Whoever said that is talking BS. The iPhone is capable of a lot more than any Android device at present.

Cougar

The iPhone is capable of a lot more than any Android device at present.

You’re going to have to quantify that with examples, otherwise I’m going to cry skcollob.

We’ve got both in this house, and I’ve yet to see anything particularly important that one handset can do that the other can’t.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Desire is brilliant – Compass, Tracker (for running and cycling) is superb, Google Sky Maps, Google Maps, scientific calculator, notepad, etc,etc – all great AND because the battery life isn’t amazing, you CAN replace it with a spare when it runs out. I-phones can’t…

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s horses for courses, I had a 3gs, bought a desire then swapped back to an iPhone 4 after 4 weeks, I personally find the iPhone a much better device. One of the reasons I went to the desire is I wanted to swap batteries but once I had the facility I never bothered. The iPhone 4 battery seems to last as long as 2 desire batteries and charges much quicker. I hate apple and all the crap that surrounds them but having tried android I realise how much better the iPhone is and won’t be going to an android device again.

Typed on my iPhone….

P.s. It is not the best phone but phone calls account for about 2% of what I use it for so it isn’t an issue.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘My first android phone…’ is closed to new replies.