Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • My first Android App (..and you might find it useful)
  • Mackem

That’s rather odd. You have pressed the “Start” button on the status screen?

Other than that, I can only suggest making the hotspots bigger, or going slower.

I’ve have had a few issues with the UI, largely because of screen size, but core thing has been sound, so far as I can tell.

Mackem

Think I’ve got testing with different screen sizes covered now…

iamsporticus
    Free Member

OK I think Ive got it

The hotspots were at the default 25m and set to trigger in areas where Im tanking it at 50kph (downhill)

Ive reset them to 100m and will report back when Im next out on the bike

Cheers – once again great idea, thanks for getting it out there

Mackem

I could knock up a test version for you, at the maximum sample rate. It might kill the battery, might not.

Mackem

Some updates going live in a few hours…
    Should work on little phones.
    Added feature where a message is sent if you do not reach a point before a specified time.
    A default number needs to be specified, an SMS is sent if you dont get to the point before the time specified, the message says “Did not reach point (location name). Current location is (google map reference to location(.

Added a “share” button for instantly sharing your location via Facebook etc

Added flags to automatically create a message for when you enter or leave a hotspot.
    The app always sends a message/does action when you enter a hotspot, if you tick the enter box then it just defaults the message sent to “Arrived at (location name). You then dont need to enter a message.
    If you tick the “leave” box it will generate a message when you leave the hotspot. It’ll just say “Left (location name)”

When the background job is active you have a bike whizzing across the status screen.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘My first Android App (..and you might find it useful)’ is closed to new replies.