Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • My feet jumped off the pedals
  • thorlz
    Free Member

Jedi’s photo is very useful to me.
    It shows where I go wrong. I have a bad habit of riding with my feet in motorbike position i.e on the balls of my feet.

I am finding it a very hard habit to break.

spando
    Free Member

I really wanted to like SPD’s as Iv’e entered my first xc race however despite the efficiency advantage I have tried to get on with them with no joy. Don’t get me wrong climbing is ace, they make getting air soo much easier but they are a pain on technical terrain and I just like the large platform feel of flats. Horses for courses I suppose but for me it’s flats on the MTB all the way.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So many people are against the Idea of Spds, but as soon as they try them they love them!

Seriously try a pair

I started off with spds and always struggled with the mental confidence aspect and that totally disappeared when I moved over to flats and five tens, although I can loose my grip on the pedals from time to time thats probably due to bad technique and not dropping my heals,its very much a personal thing spds/flats and whatever you feel most comfortable with, I also got knee problems with shimano spds so switched to candies that eliminated the knee trouble, but still hated the feeling of being clipped in.

muzzle
    Free Member

In answer to the question, Devil’s Elbow is a bridleway down Blacka Moor on the southwestern edge of Sheffield.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice. I’ve ordered some Superstar Nanos, and will also try and improve the technique – must learn to relax more I think! Does anyone use shin guards with these type of pedals, or am I just being a wuss?!

user-removed
    Free Member

Wuss. It may happen, it may not. Chicks dig scars anyway. FWIW I used to use beartrap pedals back in the 90s when they were the things to have. Also had a set of Sharkbites (in anodised pink!). Got a few scrapes here and there, usually when pushing the bike, but nothing serious.

I now use SS Nanos and have been very impressed with them – great grip, semmingly bombproof bearings (two years abuse so far) and lots of purty colours.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Think I’ll buy some new shoes 8)

muzzle
    Free Member

lots of purty colours

Yeah, I’ve ordered black.

banks
    Free Member

Exact same problem as you last year on the same decent – gone back to my old vans Baxter from skating with some ss nano’s & never looked back, just remember to drop you heals

chakaping
    Free Member

You might save a few quid on the pedals here (same as SS nanos)…

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘My feet jumped off the pedals’ is closed to new replies.