Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • My favourite pic at the moment
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

Matt P.
    As a photographer, I think your shot is the most atmospheric.
    You can have a gold star.
    The Captain can have a silver star as the crop needs tightening (in post production ?) to remove the horse in the top L edge of frame.
    TN – you get the bronze star today, you’d never tire of this image’s visual impact.

eckinspain
    Free Member

TN, was it taken in France?

sofaking
    Free Member

love that beetle sharki

TN
    Free Member

Ti29er – thanks. 🙂 I like taking macro shots and think I do quite well with my old panasonic (not so) compact.

eckinspain – it was. How the HECK did you get that from two leaves and a beeglie? (Either you know my favourite place is Font, or you just took a flyer that these are more common in France then the UK?)

aviemoron
    Free Member

I rigged up a BIG rope swing in the field behind our house and managed to snap this of a deliriously happy wee man.

That’s ma boy – bridges next…….

TN
    Free Member

aviemoron – that’s brilliant! Although he does look like he’s about to pop!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Not great quality as it was a bit hazy. Week before last. Best single day I’ve ever done, and the two best descents I’ve ever done

Pyro

Paddling (?) the Carron, January 2nd 2009.

(Added: Hmmm. Picasa uploader/resizer is not great…)

spacehopper

a few from my recent travels… 🙂

MORE HERE…. 🙂

aviemoron
    Free Member

Spacehopper – v.g. I seem to always take “action” shots, the kids, etc, etc, but I never seem to take landscapes or “things”. The missus says I’ve got a cr*p eye for composition……..

grumm
    Free Member

Captain Manwaring – where is that? West Coast of Scotland somewhere?

spacehopper – bit good at this eh? 😛

scuttler

@ Captain Manwaring.

Ooh, ooh – Torridon in the sunshine. (Panting like a dog).

Jammy git.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m alright at composition (well probably rubbish but my girlfriend reckons it’s reasonable!) but i can never seem to get the sort of clarity and sharpness of image as demonstrated in hopper’s lovely shots. 🙁

Matt-P
    Free Member

Cheers Ti29er! Always nice when one comes out that captures the feel of when you took it.
    Spacehopper – I love your pics, esp the last couple

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m new to this photography lark and still learning the settings on my camera. On a weekend away with the in-laws (in a caravan in Cleethorpes) I sat on the beach and played around.

spacehopper

Thanks guys 😀

all taken with a compact FujiFilm F30 too!

some great pics on this thread.. keep them coming!

zokes
    Free Member

all taken with a compact FujiFilm F30 too!

Right, I’m selling my SLR and getting one of those then! So much for my new hobby!

spacehopper

stick with the SLR! youll get better results in the long run 🙂

the lack of manual focus is the only bit that drives me a bit mad sometimes with compacts..
    but i guess thats the price you pay for being able to put your camera in your pocket!

theginjaninja
    Free Member

The F30’s and F31d’s hold their value well. Be prepared to pay a reasonable whack if you manage to find one on eBay. Have a reputation as a bit of a classic. I have the F31d.

My favourite this month

Day 112 of 365

My 365 project here

nightbikeman
    Free Member

My desktop background. It was a lovely summer day and we rode 100km. 🙂

mugsys_m8

grumm:is it not taken from near Striding Edge looking over towards Swirral Edge?

richpips
    Free Member

theginjaninja your pic should have won the 1 a day monthly comp.

leftyboy
    Free Member

nightbikeman

Where was that taken?

nightbikeman
    Free Member

Leftboy, it is coming off Dodd Fell, North Yorkshire, going towards Hawes. To be precise…

here

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

grumm, yup its Torridon, about 2/3rds the way down the 8km descent from Bealach na Lice to Annat.

scuttler, yeah it was perfect. Was up there for 8 days just a couple of weeks ago so was able to pick the best day.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fiat 500 (Spoleto, Umbria, Italy)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Richpips – ah – there’s stiff competition in our closely contested competition each month.

And remember, if you join the group and you can vote too 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

Cheers nightbikeman looks just like a trail I know in mid-wales

theflatboy
    Free Member

this is a merge of 8 photos that i got the other day before the arsenal chelsea game. obviously getting a few photos beforehand was the best thing about that day. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

Snapped this while out enjoying the ice

Rich
    Free Member

I thought they were mowing the grass at first! 😆

gwaelod
    Free Member

took my eldest on part of the Skyline trail last weekend. This is her on Grand Canyon

Tracey

Verbier 2005 Katie was 9 and Abigale 7

Got it blown up and mounted on a wall, Girls have grown a bit now

Also like this one from the year before

Tracey

TN
    Free Member

Spacehopper, your pics win my vote today – wow. Especially the top one. 🙂
    Everyone elses are cool, but I am a sucker for all things cherry blossom…

redthunder
    Free Member

Ti29er
    Free Member

CLICK HEREIf you want to view some really outstanding photography, can I direct you ?
    In short: There are many prestigious international photographic awards each year. One being PX3.

This is an important showcase competition attracting many top named celebrity photographers, and others. In the many varied categories you will not know whose is whose pictures. This is a good thing.

I have succeeded in being shortlisted into quite a number of diverse categories (quite a few to do with mountain biking) , a few of which you’d maybe not associate me with. Automotive advertising anyone?
    Art Abstract?

I have spent 18 months on some projects leading up to this event so the competition is not taken lightly. This link became live and active at 16:00hrs on 14 May 2009.

The link to their main site is:
    CLICK HERE

I can provide most of the links to my images, but sufficed to say most of my work is on the last page of the various categories.

Many will simply enjoy the photographic showcase.

I hope you enjoy the photographs.

Tim

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Capt Spaulding – My missus wants to know what bike it is your little’n is on, mostly because its pink i think.

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Its an Adams runner, CRC sell them for about 50 quid, got mine from LBS for £25 though. (also available in other colours) 😀

Alcopop
    Free Member

My kids
    took this pic for mothers day
    always makes me smile

beamers

I thought they were mowing the grass at first!

Ha ha ha. Ironically my lawn doesn’t look much different at the moment. (less trees though obviously)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘My favourite pic at the moment’ is closed to new replies.