Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • my experience of ti-springs company – not good!!
  • bridget4
    Free Member

I don’t know if I asked for rocking horse poo or not but I thought I just ordered a simple ti spring for the summum – 450 x 2.75 fox RC4 fit

it finally arrived 3 months after the order – 11th November ordered – 12th feb arrived – I don’t think i’m being too unreasonable to think this may be a shit level of service for a company that deals in ti springs.

when it didn’t arrive by the end of December I struck up a protracted e mail contact with the company owner scout Gregory and despite repeated promises of its imminent despatch and arrival with any number of excuses in the mix of it all I had to eventually open a paypal claim before the spring was suddenly on its way.

I would venture that if this is mr gregorys usual way of business then there may be more customers than myself that will never use the company again.I wonder if all the ‘supported’ riders get the same service and have to wait until their race seasons end before they get their springs – or maybe they get a special service.

I thought I would share this experience with you all in order that you can make your own decisions on whether you should use this company

I shall not be using them again for anything and the spring that eventually arrived will never touch any of my bikes

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Just for balance I ordered some of their flat pedals last week and they came quickly and with good communication throughout.

v666ern
    Free Member

As above, used scout (well his previous co selling 2nd hand kit when he was still at school) and he was very helpful.
    Agree though, if that had happened to me I wouldn’t be happy either

wysiwyg
    Free Member

He’ll have been waiting for it to come from China?

bridget4
    Free Member

I have now been contacted by mr Gregory of ti springs and given a full refund and given the spring in question – this is a very satisfying outcome to the problem

bridget4
    Free Member

to the mods can this post now be deleted asap – thankyou

e mail sent to mods

dirtydog
    Free Member

the spring that eventually arrived will never touch any of my bikes

Changed your tune?

Northwind

Ashy – Member

Just for balance I ordered some of their flat pedals last week and they came quickly and with good communication throughout.

You may not be so happy when the unsealed outboard bearing seizes. They’re AE01s, terrible design. I’m coaxing and bodging mine along but they’re not fit for purpose really. Which is a shame as they’re really thin and light. Also, threadlock the pins in or they’ll all escape as teh holes are out of spec.

bridget4
    Free Member

no just willing to accept an apology and fair conclusion – I am returning the spring for you info

allthepies
    Free Member

Was that part of the agreement 🙂 Threads reporting poor service should be left to stand IMO if the information is accurate.

chakaping
    Free Member

to the mods can this post now be deleted asap – thankyou

Are you new here?

njee20
    Free Member

Are you new here?

If “here” is ‘not the classifieds’ then yes!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind-I actually saw your earlier posts/review before I bought them, but decided I’d give them a go anyway. I wonder if an o-ring between the external bearing shroud and the pedal body might limit the ingress of dirt and extend the life of the bearing. If not I’ll just run them into the ground and utilise the method you suggested in your earlier post.

Cougar

I’ve replied to the OP directly with a fuller explanation but for the record I’ve advised that we won’t be deleting the thread. All other things aside, things just disappearing looks dodgy and breeds suspicion.

Northwind

Don’t thank me Ashy, I just like pissing on people’s chips 😆

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Ha! Sorry, Chips don’t feel pissed on at all!:mrgreen: I saw someone had mentioned fitting proper bearings in the place of the bespoke efforts- worth a try you think?
    Chris

wwaswas

Changed your tune?

Yes, they need a 500lb spring now 😉

Op, if you’re that disappointed with the company send the Spring back.

Northwind

Quite possible… I was going to look into it but the bodge worked well enough that I’ll get a half decent lifespan from them anyway so I didn’t bother. The bushings are wearing pretty fast- again no real sealing- so I think fixing one issue would just cause another to kill them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘my experience of ti-springs company – not good!!’ is closed to new replies.