• This topic has 47 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • My (ex) postie
  • crikey
    Free Member

I used to have a postie who was a bit cooler than most, a woman with ever changing hair colour, pierced nose, a few tattoos, usually wore boots and shorts, who told me in a conversation over a wiggle parcel one day that she would really like to work in Hebden Bridge.

She disappeared about 6 months ago, and then I moved house, but today, 30 odd miles from home on my road bike, I spotted a familiar pair of boots and blue hair; I stopped and said Hi, and she told me she made it, living and working where she really wanted to.

I know it’s not much of a story, but it made me happy, and made her smile…

johndoh
    Free Member

So is ‘working in Hebden Bridge’ a euthanism?

footflaps

Also, is ‘conversation over a wiggle parcel’ a euphemism for something?

crikey
    Free Member

Sorry, I forgot to add detail to avoid the usual prurience; she was working as a postie, with a van and everything. The wiggle parcel was an actual wiggle parcel; she used to check for parcels because she knew there was a good chance of me being in to receive it. ( the parcel, not any kind of other thing…)

shermer75
    Free Member

So what’s she doing now?

footflaps

( the parcel, not any kind of other thing…)

Course it was, we all believe you…

😉

johndoh
    Free Member

I think she’s cleaning rugs.

Coyote
    Free Member

I know it’s not much of a story, but it made me happy, and made her smile…

It’s an amusing little tale that you can take from it what you want. I personally liked it. She wanted something, went for it and is happy. More than many I suspect. Thanks for sharing.

crikey
    Free Member

She still works for the post office, and thanks all for crushing that wee glimmer of pleasantry, that small moment of shared happiness, that brief interaction that made the world, tawdry and superficial as it is, a somewhat nicer place to be in.

crikey
    Free Member

…and she has lovely legs, boots ‘n’ all. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

So is ‘working in Hebden Bridge’ a euthanism?

I reckon more like euthanasia 😀

DCW
    Free Member

I used to know someone who had a picture of Ghandi in their wallet.

footflaps

According to the Guardian, it’s the Lesbian capital of the UK….

crikey
    Free Member

Aye, I know its lesbian quotient, but she has a chap.

Coyote
    Free Member

I liked it.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Live the dream, fight the nightmare!!

kimbers

my postie has a large 3 lions tattoo across the back of his head

my prejudices tell me hes a fully committed member of the EDL, but infact hes a really nice guy and is the go to man if you want a reliable plumber or builder, he knows everyone on his round and always says hello and knows where to leave my crc packages

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I listen so often to people, who if they’d free themselves from the desire to accumulate more shite, would realise just how happy they could be, whinging about things that if they made a few small changes, they’d obliterate from their lives. It’s nice to hear a story about someone who just **** did it. It’s like it’s a competition here sometimes to see who can smartarsedly shit all over someone’s nice stories.

Right, vented.

Thanks for sharing crikey. That a nice affirming story.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Aye, I know its lesbian quotient, but she has a chap.

Ooft.

You know your postie quite well then…

crikey
    Free Member

I kind of expected a bit of grief, so no worries.

The fuller story is that she moved a year or so ago, and spent 6 months commuting, by bus, having to take 3 buses, to get to work where I used to live. She eventually got what she wanted, but the conversation was a real …I dunno, connection thing… I was happy to see her having achieved what she wanted, and I think she was happy to have that desire and achievement recognised, well, when I’d taken my glasses off and told her where I used to live.

Big smiley episode in a nice day!

wallop

Awwwwww, nice!

PJM1974
    Free Member

More of this sort of thing, please.

igm

I listen so often to people, who if they’d free themselves from the desire to accumulate more shite …

…wouldn’t need to use the postie so much.

Good luck to her though. Living where you want to is great.

takisawa2

Good story.
    There are some real top chaps & lasses working as posties.
    Used to be one on here round our way. He was a top chap. Singlespeed, beard the lot. He ran away up Norf somewhere.

Thumbs up (that’s not a eumaphanismaman) to the OPs exPostie.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Go girl! The story made me smile. Being happy really is the only thing that is important.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Miss Stripes is a Postie – they treat her pretty bad. 25+kg bags, no bike/trolley and no hols without booking a !year! in advance.

She’s going back to Uni with me in Sept [!2nd Masters for her!].

postierich
    Free Member

🙂 @ takisawa

chewkw
    Free Member

Good story. A bit like the inevitable romantic story that everyone lives happily ever after.

Yes, nice place. A village for the local people … 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

So now you’ve found her, has she got to move again 🙂

Couldn’t help but notice what seemed to be a super hot postie in Edale!

br
    Free Member

Couldn’t help but notice what seemed to be a super hot postie in Edale!

Is that in a MILF and/or GILF way? 😉

totalshell

i m in Hebden tonight .. i ll keep an eye out for other exiled posties.. ( and BBC luvvies getting off the manchester train)I ve given up trying to walk through the park without experiencing second hand recreational drugs.. so i now do the exact opposite seek out the most drug ladden route through the place.. in which case i have to avoid the bike/ skate park as those yoofs are to nice for that

totalshell

i m in Hebden tonight .. i ll keep an eye out for other exiled posties.. ( and BBC luvvies getting off the manchester train)I ve given up trying to walk through the park without experiencing second hand recreational drugs.. so i now do the exact opposite seek out the most drug ladden route through the place.. in which case i have to avoid the bike/ skate park as those yoofs are to nice for that

totalshell

binners

Coyote
    Free Member

Are you in Hebden tonight totalshell?

binners

I think he might be

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I think he’s experiencing short term memory problems….

grum
    Free Member

Nice one Crikey.

I’m ‘moving to Hebden Bridge’ in a few weeks if all goes smoothly with our house sale/purchase. And by ‘moving to Hebden Bridge’ I mean moving to Hebden Bridge.

samuri
    Free Member

Well I thought it was a lovely little story. And ladies do look quite nice in shorts and boots. We should have a lovely little story thread to make our Friday betterer.

Coyote
    Free Member

^ agreed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘My (ex) postie’ is closed to new replies.