Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • My ebay seller is not contacting me – should i pay anyway?
  • bomberman
    Free Member

I think spudulike has summed it up.

[:roll:]

i think spudlike is just trying to wind me up

bomberman
    Free Member

by the way the screenshot is on page 1 if anyone cares to actually see what is going on

uplink
    Free Member

I take it this is the item

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-crush-30r-amp_W0QQitemZ320367047433

He seems to have mainly good feedback, perhaps he’ll come back to you in a few days?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bomberman
    Free Member

yes that’s the one. His feedback IS ok but i have a gut feeling he’s going to back out

mudshark
    Free Member

I think you’re basically in the right but you should have asked beforehand if it’s OK to arrange a courier – the implication is that it’s fine as you say. However, it’s only been 2 days so something might be up though do understand your frustration.

As for price – local collection auctions usually go for less than they might as limited market; he should have worked out cost and stated postage as an option as would have upped his price no doubt.

ziggy
    Free Member

OK here’s how it works on ebay, when you bid you are entering a contract, part of that contract states that the item is pick up only, unless you have emails stating otherwise then it’s down to you to collect the item. Regardless of your message sent you have not had confirmation from the seller that your terms would be acceptable.

If you don’t collect then the seller can leave you negative feedback and raise a non payment dispute if you don’t pay.

The seller has no obligation to post it to you or wait for a courier, in fact he may well re list if you don’t pay as his fees would get refunded.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Bomberman, just as a question, how old are you? You seem to be behaving like a particularly petulant child.

You bid and won an item that was marked “Collection Only”. The seller indicated to another that they *might* be prepared to post, and gave an indication of price, and to someone other than you. To my mind, nothing in that is binding – the binding side is in the listing terms, which is the Collection only. Now you come along playing silly buggers, demanding that this guy contact you, on your timeframe.

He’s probably sitting at home, (if he’s even read the email, I know sometimes it takes me a few days to read mine, yet alone reply) thinking “what the fuckety has this muppet bid on this for if he can’t collect?”. Now he’s thinking he’s got to go through the hassle of relisting etc just because you want to vary the terms of the auction.

IMO you should be collecting the amp, or at the very least offering the £20 postage cost, which would then be his discretion whether to accept. If it was me selling it, I’d happily tell you to piss off and suggest that you actually broke your side of the sale contract. I’d also be rightly pissed off if you then tried to neg me for it, and would throw that straight back through the ebay complaints system.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The seller has no obligation to wait for a courier

How is him waiting for a couier any different than waiting for you?

ziggy
    Free Member

Bloody hell it’s like banging your head against a wall in here sometimes 😕

Nicely edited there owen.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I agree with you on the postage side of it though which is why i edited it.

rs
    Free Member

FFS, a courier is unlikely to give a specific time (especially not for 7 quid) so he will probably have to wait in much of the day (could get it picked up from work though), if it is a personal collection it would most likely be in the evening at a specific time 🙄

owenfackrell
    Free Member

rs – Member

FFS, a courier is unlikely to give a specific time (especially not for 7 quid) so he will probably have to wait in much of the day (could get it picked up from work though), if it is a personal collection it would most likely be in the evening at a specific time

Not from my experiances it isn’t. The will tell you a rough time that they will turn up and you can easily get couiers to pick up at a specific time or at least as close to people driving some where that they don’t know.

I would have expected some contact after 2 days even if it was to tell you to bugger off.

bomberman
    Free Member

Eg-chuffing-sactly. the whole point is that the guy hasn’t contacted me.

If it was me selling it, I’d happily tell you to piss off

erm…watch your language??

bomberman
    Free Member

Also, Ebay sellers can’t leave negative feedback anymore either.

rs
    Free Member

give him a chance, i’d make you wait just for being a cheeky $%&#! 😀 Then i’d tell you to @&%# off! 😆

bomberman
    Free Member

lol

bomberman
    Free Member

Everything is OK, i’ve had an email back turns out she’s had family problems hence the dalay. there’s a few w**kers on here, aren’t there? (you know who you are ;))

pk-ripper
    Free Member

because we don’t agree with your simplistic rant, that makes us w**nkers?

I think your parents should probably turn the parental controls on the internet up.

bomberman
    Free Member

ITS NOT A RANT. READ THE ORIGiNAL POST. DICK. HEAD.

bomberman
    Free Member

pk-ripper, just to shut you up i have sent you my address. If you have any more insults to throw at me perhaps you would like to come and say them to my face? or are you chicken? BCAAARP!

YOU’RE A LEMON

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Oh dear. Just for the record, it’s not worth disagreeing with the man above otherwise you may get an email such as that below:

who the F*ck do you think you are? what an complete and utter nob cheese you are posting insults at me on an internet forum. Take a look in the mirror, and THEN ask yourself who needs to grow up.

and here is my address. you are welcome to come round and talk to me face to face.

*address removed*

see you soon (i doubt).

Tim

Please accept my gracious apologies Tim, as I don’t like to insult people without good humour, and honestly believe that what I said was, and certainly was intended to be in good humour, and not out of place with similar banter that appears here minute by minute. I’m sorry that you feel the need to invite me round to talk to you face to face, I don’t see that it will achieve anything. Unless of course it’s for the show “come dine with me” as I’d get to sample your cooking and be on TV. I’d like that.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

PK Ripper – Thats exactly why i didnt respond to this thread. You could tell straight away that the guy has an attitude and regadless of how nicely you try to dissagree with him he will start throwing insults.

Grow up bomberman and accept that not everyone must agree with you

bomberman
    Free Member

oh do shut up!

by the way hobo man – i knew you’d respond to this thread eventually 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

bomberman
    Free Member

right enough now there were a few people who gave sound advice when they said to wait for the guy to respond to email before paying, he has replied and apologised for the delay and is happy to let me sort out the courier – well done those people, to the rest of the troglodites i’m going by the philosophy of:

“don’t argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Bye.

bigyinn
    Free Member

bomberman i have to say i was in total agreement with you and on your side 100%, i understood your frustrations and sympathised with you having to deal with all the “experts”…….until you started e-mailing other posters with threatening and generally obnoxious comments, then you blew whatever credibility you had.
    Glad you got the amp thing sorted out, but word to the wise, think before you post / mail.

jarl
    Free Member

Everything is OK, i’ve had an email back turns out she’s had family problems hence the dalay

he has replied and apologised for the delay

Sounds like the family problems were a sex change to me….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its not IWH on e-bay as well is it??

bomberman
    Free Member

bigyinn, i didn’t actually threaten the guy, lets get that one straight. it’s a real shame but this forum is fast becoming a sounding room for people to let out their pent up frustration.

I started this thread asking a perfectly reasonable question of ‘should i pay for the item if the seller isn’t responding to emails’ and some people feel the need to use that as a platform for abuse. I’m sure 99% of the people who seem to say what they want on here would never say it face to face in real life, which is why i invited Mr pk-ripper to come and discuss it over a nice friendly cuppa. After all, it’s easy for him to swear and shout at me from behind his keyboard, isn’t it? and if you check back through the thread i think you’ll find that PK was the one who lowered the tone with his aggressive language. F*ckety – this and P*ss this. not nice is it? even with letters blanked out. what if my kids had read that?

I’m sure he or someone else’ll be back in a minute to tell me to grow up. it’s all very predictable 🙄 I don’t know why i hang out on here to be honest.

bumley
    Free Member

Bomberman you really don’t help yourself, with your ‘what if my kids had read that’ comment, but its okay for your kids and everyone elses to read you write ‘dick head’ and ‘w**ker’.

I agree that the tone on this forum has been less then warm and friendly of recent, but it doesn’t mean everyone should resort to hurling abuse.

I’m glad you got your amp issue resolved!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

bomberman, just read things in context. If you take everything literally and as a personal affront because they express an opinion that’s different to yours then you’ll be a very angry person for a long time. The language I used, I don’t believe to be offensive – if you think piss is a bad word then you’ll likely explode if you ever meet an irishman. Probably best keep Hollyoaks off the TV too – it’s on at 1830 and they say “crap” in that fairly regularly.

As for opening an email with “who the F*ck do you think you are? what an complete and utter nob cheese you are” and now trying to dress it up as an invite to a cup of tea? I find that incredibly immature and it smacks of a total lack of humility and self-awareness.

rs
    Free Member

it’s a real shame but this forum is fast becoming a sounding room for people to let out their pent up frustration.

Hmmmmm, what was the point of your thread again 🙄 asking us all what to do becuase you were frustrated you hadn’t received a response from she/he in two days 😆

bomberman
    Free Member

pk-ripper, i find you incredibly patronising. please for the love of God, just leave me alone!

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘My ebay seller is not contacting me – should i pay anyway?’ is closed to new replies.