• This topic has 47 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • my dog is faulty
  • Woody
    Free Member

Good man, I hate to see fat dogs and labs especially are greedy buggers 😀

pop-larkin
    Free Member

My pointer was happily running round with a dead squirrel in his mouth the other day- no way was he coming back to me as I would spoil his fun. Only way to get him to drop it was to get the springer on the case who made him drop it by bullying him and then I was able to get him to leave it and he actually listens to a command- always happens when you are running late too!

Not quite as bad as the time he was running round with a deers leg in his mouth pre- springer and it took me 40 minutes to get it off him!!!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Terrier ought to have a really strong desire to chase things. Getting them to retrieve is often a different matter!

Start off in a small way. Making a big fuss if “plays the game”. Do you know where he came from history wise?

I once had a Jack Russell that had been mistreated as a pup and was afraid of its own shadow. Could not get it to much till one day it started chasing a rugby ball. never looked back after that.

Andy

My new dog, Sky, a staffie, aged 6, has been with me 4 months now. When I first got her, she wouldn’t go run after a ball at all. And then after playing football with a tennis ball to get her interested in the ball and then kicking it a distance away, she would run after it, Now she will chase a ball all day.

It also took a while to build her fitness. A first best I could do was 3 throws before she was limping. Now quite happy with 20 + long throws in the park with one of those ball thrower things. She has lost a kilo too. Vet was dead proud of her today 8)

jedi

Hairychested – Member

Send him to Jedi for training, the man is a genius. He seriously is.

lol 🙂 🙂

13thfloormonk

No contribution, just gratuitous doggy pictures.

She fetches fairly well, but is reluctant to ‘give’. I reckon thats fair, makes it more of a game if you have to catch them and get the bloody stick back off them.

Our training method: The naughty door.

redthunder
    Free Member

Trade it in for a new one, cant get your back money on existing as 12 months have passed.

I suggest you get a mental collie 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

Did you get a special rubber bumper thing for him, to wrap him in.

I hear, having spent 50 quid a month on an iDog4, they dont work ANYWAY, unless you spent a fiver on a crappy little piece of rubber to insulate his contacts?

That or hes smarter than he looks (or a cat)
    “you keep throwing it away, you bloody retrieve it, stupid human”

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘my dog is faulty’ is closed to new replies.