Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • My dog has a tumor! :o(
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Took my pooch to the vet yesterday for her yearly jabs only to be told there is a tumor on her tail. Anyone else experienced this?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Yep, twice unfortunately but not on the tail. The first time my dog had a tumour it turned out to be malignant anal gland cancer and involved some very nasty surgery. The second time around it was a benign tumour elsewhere on his body. The operations were both in and out on the same day type affairs and the dog bounced back pretty quickly.

Best thing you can do is let them get it cut out and sent away for tests and see what you need to do from there.

bentandbroken

Yes and it did not end well for the wee chap, but the good news for you is that the tail is not normally required for a dog to lead a happy life (I’m not advocating docking for aesthetic reasons though)

Good luck to you both

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks, just waiting for my wife to check we are covered by the insurance, it will be the second big claim in three months! Soon as we get the green light we will book her in, hopefully she wont lose the tail.

jamj1974

Fingers crossed for you chap!

irelanst
    Free Member

Ours had a benign tumour on the top of her head. It started out looking like a spot, I initially thought it was a burried tick or splinter but after about a week it looked like a wart about the size of a pea so we took her to the vets and had a biopsy to check if it was malignant.

It went away by itself after a few weeks.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good to hear, hopefully I will get similar news, but I’m not looking forward to my eight stone dog wearing a giant lamp shade!

karen805
    Free Member

Mine had a benign tumour on her gum.. nasty operation to remove it as it was in a very awkward place and she did end up loosing a tooth, but in and out in a day and came home starving, so she was definitely feeling ok!

Recovered in no time at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My dog has a tumor! :o(’ is closed to new replies.