Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • My dear old things! STW TMS – The summer starts….
  • theotherjonv

how early did you want your early wicket?

Even the old duffers on the member’s benches in front of the pavilion can’t have had time to doze off before that happened.

Pressure on strauss though. If the Windies bowlers match the discipline of some of their batters, this won’t be easy by any means.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooof! On a call so I missed the opening of play!

Like I said, “Early wicket is really vital this morning.”

🙂

ransos
    Free Member

I watched the highlights last night. The two things that struck me were Barath’s wonderful cover drives (some off some good length balls) and Anderson’s dismissal of Powell, which was a thing of great beauty – setting him up with the outswinger, then bringing the next ball back in.

The odd thing about Shiv’s stance is at the point he plays the ball, he ends up playing pretty conventionally. I’d forgotten that.

6-0.

theotherjonv

+1 to both those observations.

Made Powell look daft, which was totally unfair because it was a beautiful set up job.

And i was very impressed by Barath, those 3 drives made a lovely thump of the middle of his bat live. Made his dismissal even more strange, out of character – although in fairness was a similar shot to the cover drives, so if he’d caned that too we’d have all purred with delight.

cb

Hoping the rain will stay away tomorrow – its a long way from Manc to sit under a brolly!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strauss on 97…….

Needs to get it, would settle his season.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done Staussy – captain’s innings!!! Glad to see him back in the runs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, anyone hoping to follow Aggers on twitter tomorrow will be disappointed. He’s just retired his account after a load of abuse from @ianmartin. Pity, that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Game on now

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, and Aggers is back on twitter too. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Calypso collapso strikes again…

Stoner
    Free Member

whats happened to the live text function on the bbc site? all manual refresh ATM

zokes
    Free Member

whats happened to the live text function on the bbc site? all manual refresh ATM

Tory cut-backs…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Squeeky b*m time as fergie puts it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think it looks lik eback to the days when they could grab defeat from the jaws of victory…need some serious batting now from those left

KP FFS he just cannt help himself can he

When it works it is super but so often it is just such an inappropriate approach…imagine if you could fuse his talent with actual disciplined application and restraint.

ransos
    Free Member

When it works it is super but so often it is just such an inappropriate approach…imagine if you could fuse his talent with actual disciplined application and restraint.

Aye, but when he tried the restrained and disciplined approach, the runs dried up. I think he should just play his natural game.

Stoner
    Free Member

*starts packing up picnic things & fires up Excel*

Stoner
    Free Member

text update on the bbc site is shit. 20 minute delay at the moment and the scorecard is 30+ runs out of date too. And Ive been thrashing F5.

bit crap really.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Getting close to a finish now – I hope. No need for excitement, lets just this out quickly! 12 to win.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Phew – good to see a W’shire man knocking of the final runs!! Shame that Cookie lost his wicket at the end there.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘My dear old things! STW TMS – The summer starts….’ is closed to new replies.