Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Argh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooh! Chef survives!

Harris
    Free Member

Lucky Cook.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Erratic batting displays have been the hallmark of the team for a while now.

Houns

Good grief

aracer
    Free Member

It’s all over. Epic collapse – 10/64

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Brilliant test well done Bangladesh . Dodgy pitch, total bunsen mind but good job!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

What happened – went out to play tennis at 94-0. Come back and we have lost 😯

Well played Bangladesh.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m tempted to say we were rubbish, but that doesn’t properly credit Bangladesh. Nothing much wrong with the pitch either I don’t think, simply that it’s not what we’re used to.

yossarian
    Free Member

Well played Bangladesh.

We are absolute toilet against spinners. India are going to murder us.

I think we’re seeing the glimpses of how the crash bang wallop approach of our players comes unstuck when it’s properly tested.

Junkyard
    Free Member

THIS

mefty
    Free Member

So Hameed gets the nod, excellent news, think he will be a special player.

ransos
    Free Member

So Hameed gets the nod, excellent news, think he will be a special player.

So, having missed the chance to ease him in against Bangladesh, and persevered with Ballance for no good reason, we’re throwing him straight in at the deep end. Brilliant.

dannyh
    Free Member

So, having missed the chance to ease him in against Bangladesh, and persevered with Ballance for no good reason, we’re throwing him straight in at the deep end. Brilliant.

I agree it isn’t great foresight – I liked Ballance’s attitude and I can see why he would be given a good crack at it, but he just looked totally out of depth against Bangaladesh.

At least India tend to open the bowling with some token medium pace, so at least Hameed might get some chance to get his eye in against some military medium rubbish before all hell breaks lose.

Subcontinent Test Cricket really is like a separate game. Instead of having 30 odd seconds between each ball to compose yourself and only have one or two fielders within five yards of the bat, it is just bang-bang-bang ball after ball in quick succession, claustrophobic fields and tons of chat and noise. A true test.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cook made his debut in India and it worked out ok for him.

dannyh
    Free Member

Indeed. Cook is a truly inspirational role model for younger players. His technique is not beautiful, nor textbook perfect. But he knows where his off stump is and plays with soft hands when defending and makes it count when attacking. He’s had his technical issues with his head falling over to the off side and conquered them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not the worst of starts.

Not the best, either, though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pre-emptive apology …..Going good I think

cheers_drive

TMS is making this dull and rainy day outside and a dark day elsewhere a little brighter.

dantsw13

That catch was the equivalent of Ashton’s “Ash-Splash” celebration! I agree with the umps it was out, but what a tit he’d have felt.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Unlucky Root, great knock . Good toss to win too

aracer
    Free Member

…and more recently a couple of promising chaps called Williamson and Root, who are both showing signs that they might know which end of the bat to hold. It’s certainly not the most inauspicious place to make your debut, and it doesn’t even appear to be the worst decision ever as far as he is concerned based on what we’ve seen so far.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Kohli “is about to combust”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What a knock from Stokes.

*applause all the way back to the hutch*

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Feel sorry for broad at 11 not many with a test century I imagine have played there. Still , since he had his face rearranged he hasn’t been the same .

ransos
    Free Member

Subcontinent Test Cricket really is like a separate game. Instead of having 30 odd seconds between each ball to compose yourself and only have one or two fielders within five yards of the bat, it is just bang-bang-bang ball after ball in quick succession, claustrophobic fields and tons of chat and noise. A true test.

I imagine the Indians feel the same about playing in Durham in May, wearing about five sweaters, on a seaming and swinging green top. That’s what makes test cricket so compelling for me – the truly great players are the ones able to master very different playing conditions.

Sure, but he’s the most successful batsman in English history. Anyway, from what I saw on the highlights, Has looked very promising.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t think there could be more of a contrast…
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-12/australia-v-south-africa-second-test-day-one-live-blog-hobart/8016778?section=sport
    Looking like being all out for less than 100? Rain just starting here so it’s going to be a bit of a break, got tickets for day 3, thought it was the weather that was going to be the biggest issue.

dantsw13

Australia making a habit of woeful 1st innings! As for England, chip, chip, chip. Plenty can happen on day 5, so a 50 lead would be nice!

boxelder

9 out….. 1 left

theotherjonv

Holding that nick would have been a useful 75 lead

dantsw13

Well bowled England. It’s my first chance to watch Hameed. Trial by spin it seems.

theotherjonv

Not commenting on capability for fear of **** it all up.

But he has just played a cover drive of such class; against the spin, quick step, all on the ground – beautiful.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wonder who they’ll drop to get Anderson in. I’d like to see them drop Duckett, and move everybody up one.

dantsw13

I’m a big Anderson fan, but I wouldn’t parachute him in.

theotherjonv

Strauss seems quite attached to his laptop. Mumsnet?

leegee

50 for Hameed. Looks pretty composed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Afternoon everybodeeeeee.

Tidy start to the opening session so far.

dantsw13

England certainly have the upper hand, but it’s hard to see past a draw.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. Not quite enough on the board for anything other than a draw.

boxelder

At least they’ve gone for a win and not just taken batting practice.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.