Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • mefty
    Free Member

He picked up the mantle left by Johnners. Hope someone else is able to do the same. Summer needs voices like that.

Only to the extent of being an OE and having a plummy accent, he has only ever been a commentator, a very good one who paints wonderful pictures, but Aggers has taken on Johnner’s mantle and is an exceptional broadcaster – Blofeld says as much in his announcement. He is a fabulous interviewer – just listen and be moved by his interviews last year with Michael Holding about Tony Cozier or the one with Bairstow’s mum when he scored his maiden century – both incredibly moving. Whilst he is around, TMS is in safe hands – I think Simon Mann is ok but he doesn’t have the whimsy that marks out the best contributors on the programme.

Freester

Nooooooooo

Mind you I thought his time was up when he got so excited whilst Broad was skittling the Aussies 8-15 in 2015.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

174 doesn’t seem like enough.

However Roy is at the crease…..

aracer
    Free Member

174 certainly isn’t enough whilst Roy is still at the crease – the question is how long he will be there!

simondbarnes

Obstructing the field! That’s a rare one.

aracer
    Free Member

Anybody here with live pictures? From the commentary it sounds incredibly harsh to be done for that when a ball you’re not watching hits you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. Obstructing the field to needs to be intentional, iirc.

Still, he was due a good one, and he got it!

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, I may be a biased England fan, but that seems an incredibly harsh decision. How on earth can the umpire rule that to be deliberate? Especially given that if the ball hadn’t hit him he’d have been fine.

simondbarnes

Umpire probably decided that he deliberately crossed the pitch so that he’d be in between the fielder and the stumps?

aracer
    Free Member

That’s certainly the only reason I can see for the decision, but watching that turn back several times it still doesn’t seem anything other than an attempt to get back as quickly as possible. I mean why on earth would you do anything other than get back as quickly as possible?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you’re going to get your first international wicket, best make it a good one! Crane getting deVilliers!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Dang didn’t see it. Well done England

dantsw13

Men or women, England don’t seem to play well against Pakistan!! England ladies struggling to get bat on ball.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You were saying…..

dantsw13

😀

That got better!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    dantsw13

That’s good for cricket. Tests still on sky, but I have it anyway.

mefty
    Free Member

Good news, shame it is only T20 but BBC TV doesn’t have any interest in Test Cricket. Hope they put together a good commentary team and don’t go too much for exciting the youth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I prefer to listen to tests anyway.

mefty
    Free Member

What an innings by Hales to win One Day Cup for Notts – Stoneham gets 144 not out and is on the losing side – that must hurt.

allthepies
    Free Member

Hales is some talent. When I googled him I found out that he came to be noticed when as a 16 yr old he hit 55 off one over at Lords:)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good morning, everybodeeeeeee.

Glorious sunny day at HQ, and sadly the first time in a while that I’m not going to be at the Lord’s test. 🙁

However, TMS on air from 1025!

mefty
    Free Member

Will toddle up on Sunday, other commitments ruled out the other days, including being a participant in a middle order batting collapse on Saturday that will no doubt resemble England in the 90s

theotherjonv

I know there’s been a one day series and the Champions Trophy but it feels really late for the first test of the summer.

Got tickets for the Friday of the Windies Lords test later on in the summer…… anyone else?

Knowing the Windies, could be over by then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

England bat first.

Top tossing!

Klunk
    Free Member

Top tossing!

59-3

why some player are never picked

It’s easy Mr Vaughan if your face don’t fit you ain’t getting in.

Root is having a charmed life at the moment

Klunk
    Free Member

the despair in Aggers voice 😀

and now he’s being sledged by the pundit 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

4 down, not a good morning

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Same old England.

Klunk
    Free Member

100 partnership is up

Klunk
    Free Member

186-4 190-5 heading toward 350 300 all out, not enough batting first

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Captain’s ton. Lovely.

aracer
    Free Member

Which now makes Williamson the odd one out from the “big 4” – he only made 91 on his debut as captain and had to wait for his second match to make a ton.

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least one person can bat

Klunk
    Free Member

277-5 SA looking a bit ragged in the sun, should make it to at least 400 if they can negotiate the new ball.

Klunk
    Free Member

also Ballance is a **** took a review (which was plumb) after telling Jennings not to (which wasn’t)! 3rd recall should be his last.

Klunk
    Free Member

100 partnership, milking this spinner

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL

Klunk
    Free Member

6-6 from broad to bring up his first 50 in 66 innings

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.