Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice start from Finn.

drlex
    Free Member

And an excellent ending from Buttler.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very much enjoying Sir Curtly at the moment.

Scary bowler, lovely man!

theotherjonv

Aussies have let themselves down again then. Particularly the skipper, who I dislike more than any cricketer in memory.

It seems they have been looking to and getting guidance from the dressing room on DRS referrals, presumably with the dressing room seeing the first replay and deciding whether to refer on that basis. And in a Trumpesque moment of fake news, Smith claims it was ‘brain fade’. No mate, it was cheating and you only admitted it once Llong spotted it and told you to get lost.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HALES SMASH!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Commentator’s curse!

johndoh
    Free Member

Oops then?

CricInfo…

Dez: “Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please sen in Buttler next! If Wi manage to take a wicket that is…” Brace yourself Dez… all will be revealed …

Jimbo: “If Buttler cannot put up a score off of this platform, he deserves to be dropped. Especially with such a competent wicket keeper waiting for his chance.” Now now, play nice

Holder to Buttler, OUT, smashes the stumps! Full and straight, Buttler attempted the ramp once more, but got no bat in the way, and was too far across his crease to preserve his timbers

ransos
    Free Member

Ton up for Rooooooooooooooooot.

And out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bit of a calypso collapso here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And another on the other side.

Spent a fair bit of time in Barbados, and some of the other islands, and the appetite and passion for cricket is palpable over there. It makes me sad to see WI cricket in such a parlous state.

Having grown up with the likes of Sir Viv, Malcolm Marshall, Curtley and Courtney and so on. Seeing it like this is sad.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bit of a cracker going on in Dharmasala wonderful looking ground and views over there and Warner departing early again

drlex
    Free Member

It surely is a fantastic setting.
    Renshaw must surely be rueing those dropped catches; I reckon India will win in the final day. Bit closer home to you, I reckon the weather will determine the NZ v. SA one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep with Smith gone its flowing towards India at the moment, not keeping up with the others though. Only got 40mins of this one before I hop on the plane, hope it’s good

drlex
    Free Member

2 more gone; at this rate, India could win in the final session today!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a stunning ground, isn’t it?

That said, I’ve always wanted to play/spectate with a few glasses of something at Wormsley.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not bad, though I reckon this one is one of the few that has snow in the background (along with hobart) nice to see some grass out there!

drlex
    Free Member

The best-located ground I’ve been to is Arundel, but looking forward to retiring and joining the Barmy Army for some touring.
    India pushing ahead with some lovely quick bowling and Rahane taking a magnificent catch. Aus. will do well to bat to stumps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39425015

Carberry back with a ton today! Lovely.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And a grand win for Hampshire today!

drlex
    Free Member

A good recovery by Kolpakshire, yes.
    😉

Spent the afternoon watching IPL and now seeing whether Jason Mohammed can rescue WI again.
    Edit: No. No, he can’t.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Morning, evereeebodeeeee

Sounds a tad chilly in Brizzle. Tidy start from Ireland.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

About that good start….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I went to a ODI in Bristol in May around 10 years ago. It was 4 degrees centigrade.

Still, It’s Back!

theotherjonv

I went and saw the WI in a ‘warm up’ game for one of their tours years back, in the days when sides did warm up games. Couldn’t have been worse named because they looked like they’d never be warm again. I swear some of them had nine jumpers on, it took them 15 minutes to bowl an over by the time they’d handed them to the umpire and then got them back!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

O’Collapse

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s not gone well.

England to bat a bit before lunch?

drlex
    Free Member

You’re right – Mr Roy did only get to bat for a bit.

Still – Ireland over 30% better than Pakistani’s second innings yesterday.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40021063

Stokes, Butler and Woakes all back for the one dayer at Headingley. Anyone from the local chapter with a weather report on the ground?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good afternoon, evereeebodeeeeee. SA win the toss and fielding first.

TMS on air from 1345.
    [video]https://youtu.be/67xXbTaQlKI[/video]

cheers_drive

Ta for the reminded. It’s sunny outside, the door is open, TMS is on the radio, the week has got a little better 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Urgh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm. 105-2 after 18. Not too shabby.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tidy win, there.

Bit of a middle order collapse from SA.

drlex
    Free Member

To be fair, on the subject of middle orders, Stokes and Buttler weren’t much cop with the bat tonight, and Root got bogged down. Roll on #2.

grum
    Free Member

Totally missed this was happening – sounds like it was pretty comfortable really.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Early wicket…
    Also boxing day test is on sale if anyone is feeling confident

Houns

Calypso collapso

Houns

Englands batters this morning

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

45 overs left!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Over did somebody say it was over?
    Rain?

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.