Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My days of happy buying off the classifieds are over.
  • jkomo

Well here it is, my first ‘is it me thread’.
    Bought some bike lights off classified, “only used twice”.
    The front is amazing, but…
    The rear won’t charge at all, it’s knackered. Now, I don’t meen it stopped working after x days, it didn’t work the first time I tried it. Put it on the bike for my 20mile ride home from work on Friday, wasn’t working after 30 minutes. Charged overnight, tested, it lasted 5 mins, tried again, same thing.
    The seller won’t have it back to sort under warranty, tells me to sort it and stop moaning.
    Now they weren’t a fortune, but still, it’s a not a small amount either.
    Is it me?
    Should I just leave a comment on the thread for future buyers to find. Or just MTFU?

yossarian
    Free Member

If you are unhappy with your treatment you should say so on the thread in question.

gmex619
    Free Member

The problem with that is that you aren’t able too bump the thread or make people aware unless you link too it in a new thread.

Seems like the seller should help you warranty them.. but you are byying second hand gear. Not everyone is willing too go too all the extra effort.

fd3chris
    Free Member

In the emails you must of had before buying them did the seller mention the fault or just say that they worked fine? If no mention was made of the fault and you payed by PayPal I would be getting a full refund.

jkomo

He delivered, I paid cash.
    I haven’t even asked for a refund, I just asked to send him the rear light for him to sort.
    He can’t be arsed.
    If it arrived and was okay, then stopped working a week later I would say fair enough.
    It arrived not working.
    I will try the distributer to see what options I have.
    There you go.
    Live and learn.

inkster
    Free Member

p*** poor from the seller. Name and shame? Although you take a financial risk buying second hand from the forum, you also take a risk to your reputation when selling on a community forum like STW IMHO, as a community forum, it’s largely built on trust and respect.

I would not behave like the seller and would expect the same from others.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Another user on the not to be dealt with list. OP hope you have better luck with the manafacturer although as the second owner I’m not sure you will.

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s not hard to find out who the seller was if you look back though The OP’s history.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Chambo82 is the seller.

shifter
    Free Member

Lights are a risky buy full stop. I wouldn’t buy second hand.

footflaps

Lights are a risky buy full stop. I wouldn’t buy second hand.

I’ve sold lights before, but I test the battery cycling it from charged to flat so I can tell the buyer what the actual run time is.

jkomo

As they were ‘only used twice’, I didn’t think to ask.

jkomo

LBS to the rescue!
    Moon will not have them back without a receipt.
    However my LBS are returning them, the lights are only a few months on the market, so they are happy to without receipt, as they are all still in warranty period.

Seller has since offered to send them back for me.

All is good with the world.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My days of happy buying off the classifieds are over.’ is closed to new replies.