Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My day in Photographs…WHAT about yours…
  • Joe

Another incredible day in Yemen. Incredible people, stunning scenery…great narcotics (qat)…the most mental dust/rain storm i’ve ever seen in my life…producing that amazing red sky. It was paradise.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah, but have you got those bullets back to blighty yet ?

jam-bo

I watched the driving rain go past my house horizontally from dawn til dusk.

And I got thrown up on by my son.

I didn’t take any photos.

Yours are nice.

allthepies
    Free Member

I wonder if the locals share the “paradise” thing, they can’t hop on a plane and fly back to free healthcare, clean water, long life expectancy etc etc.

Perhaps they do and their lives are richer than our Western whinge-fest, food for thought 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

Except I didn’t wear long trousers or cover my face up like that jessie.

Joe

My local firearms officer told me not to bother; so i’ve heeded his advice and gave them to an american cowboy who thought it would be “no problem” to take them back to Kansas.

Samuri – is that really you? Looks pretty epic.

Allthepies – we debated that all afternoon The Yemenis we visited couldn’t decide whether it was a case of grass i always greener, or whether a 10% infant mortality rate meant life in the UK was better. Certainly different…and people are generally happier here.

crikey
    Free Member

It snowed, my bins fell over, went out for cat food, had a bath. Rock and roll me.

footflaps

Different take.. by brf, on Flickr

IanMunro
    Free Member

/Checks footflaps photostream.

Cool! I’ve got the baby brother wmt300 🙂

Joe

Haha @ Footflaps. Brilliant. I agree with you.

matt_outandabout

I spent today and yesterday in a room of 120+ women…and yesterday there were 5 blokes… 😯

piemonster

Footflaps cat looks unimpressed

faz083
    Free Member

I wonder if the locals share the “paradise” thing, they can’t hop on a plane and fly back to free healthcare, clean water, long life expectancy etc etc.

Paradise is not free healthcare.

Paradise is those views and stunning scenery.

samuri
    Free Member

Samuri – is that really you? Looks pretty epic.

It does doesn’t it?

In reality my ride was just as snowy but it was a lot wetter and colder than that romantic picture and people in Audi’s were trying to kill me. Also, all my clothes were sopping wet when I put them back on at the end of the day because turning the heating on in the changing rooms is not an acceptable path.

lodious
    Free Member

Joe, those pic’s from Yemen look great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My day in Photographs…WHAT about yours…’ is closed to new replies.