Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My Dad had his ipad stolen.
  • zippykona

Find my ipad wasn’t turned on so not sure if it can be wiped. He only used it for FaceTime and games so it didn’t have any personal info on there, hopefully.
    I have changed his apple password is there anything else we should or can do?

DickBarton

Reported to the police?

zippykona

Finger prints and everything. If the dog showed as much aggression to the burglar as the cops they would still have an ipad!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is it wifi onky ? If do not much else I suspect, its its cellular the phone company should be able to block it.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Have you tried the “find my iPad” thing?

CountZero

hypnotoad – Member
    Have you tried the “find my iPad” thing?

Find my ipad wasn’t turned on so not sure if it can be wiped. He only used it for FaceTime and games so it didn’t have any personal info on there, hopefully.

It’s turned on on all my devices, just in case, even my Mac Mini. Daft not to, really. Without it, I’m not sure there’s anything much you can do, and I’ve read of instances when the police can’t be arsed to do anything even when they’ve been given exact details of a stolen device’s whereabouts.

jamj1974

Did your dad have any email accounts set up? If so change the passwords immediately.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is it really ZippyKona who started this thread or an imposter on a stolen iPad?

Drac

You can switch find my iPad on remotely from iCloud I believe.

easygirl

I’ve traced a few stolen iPads and iPhones due to the tracker.
    The police should be interested, I would love to get a job like that when I was working

CountZero

If Find my iPhone was activated on setup, then it can be located from a browser and your Apple ID:
    http://trendblog.net/how-to-track-your-lost-iphone-or-ipad-without-tracking-app/

zippykona

Thanks CZ have followed that and hopefully it will erase when connected to Internet.
    Appreciated.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My Dad had his ipad stolen.’ is closed to new replies.