Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • My car has died so I need a new one..suggestions?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just discovered a Peugeot Bipper teepee? Looks like berlingo with tax of £30!!!! And cheaper to buy..anyone got any experience?

stumpy01

No experience, but i think the Bipper is the size down from the Berlingo. Presumably the teepee is the ‘car’ version and with a second row of seats I doubt there’s much room in the boot for bikes.

There’s a decent range of pics here,

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cars-motorbikes/2011/05/peugeot-bipper-tepee.html

including one of a woman in the boot (for some reason) and the boot looks pretty small with the rear seats in.

Decent room with the rear seats removed…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I thought the Bipper looked smaller but wasn’t sure although may not be a problem if seats split bikes can go down one side with half the bikes in?? Hmmm need to go to some garages with tape measure and have a look! Appeals as it seems a lot cheaper to buy and every review is how cheap it is to run.

Gary_C

Yes, the Bipper (Nemo if it’s a Citroen) is smaller than the Partner/Berlingo. It uses the Vauxhall 1.3cdti engine believe it or not, whether that’s a good thing or not I don’t know.

matt_outandabout

@trekster – having had a Touran and now a galaxy, the full size Galaxy/sharan/Previa etc is much, much bigger than a Touran. There were some folk suggesting them, but they are huge.

Defender
    Free Member

Continuing the Honda theme what about a Jazz, cheap to run Honda reliability and a very flexible interior with Tardis like space, more load carrying than a Civic.
    2008 onwards (GE8) are better in most respects. Not the most involving car to drivebut competant.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m guessing suggesting a Honda Jizz was a joke? It’s more like my dead Skoda Fabia!

Saw a Peugeot Partner Teepee last night, although a tad more expensive I may have to extend the budget! I’m guessing yo should stay away from 1.6l diesel cars full stop? Or was that fault just Berlingo based?

The more I look the more confused I get darn it!

drain

My Peugeot 307 diesel estate is a 1.6. It’s an ’06 plate, has just tripped 205k miles. Takes 3 bikes inside with front wheels only off, 3 people (driver and 2 passengers) and all their kit for a long weekend. but not a van! 🙂

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I have Fiat Qubo 1.3JTD. Love it. Changed from a Skoda Octavia est. It’s got loads of room for such a small car. Seats come out and much more practical than low-profile est cars. You don’t have to have it in orange

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I am loving that ORange Fiat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAn i buy that one off you? 😉
    Is that more the size of a Peugeot Bipper though? Ie quite small? Coudl you do me a favour and measure rear of drivers seat to rear of car? Need to know if bike could go in it upright with front wheel off? 150cm.. is his in doors big Orange… 😉 thanks!

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

MC
    Qubo/Bibber/Nemo are all the same car. Just engines are different. My large 29er goes in (at an angle) with the rear seat folded up with the front wheel off. The two rear seats come out 60/40 split, although the bigger seat is rather heavy for one! Mine is the 1.3JTD 95bhp.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah did some research after and discovered it was like a Bipper which is just a fraction too small I think. Back to idea of a Berlingo petrol then may have to up the budget to £6000 seems I can gey something decent for that.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My car has died so I need a new one..suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.