Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My complaint about tonights highlights of F1 . . . .
  • SST
    Free Member

I managed to avoid the result ALL DAY!!!!
    The program was due to start at 7pm.
    I switched on to the correct channel at 7pm

Guess what was on?

A “60 second news bulletin”

Guess what the first item on the bulletin was???

muppets.

Bez

Schadenfreude WIN here

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Im sorry but that really did make me laugh out loud.

samuri
    Free Member

But what made up for it was the race was proper interesting. All completely turned about on it’s arse, you had no idea who was going to win (unless you’d seen the news 😉 ), there were crashes and spins and loads of overtaking.

Indeed, that the first race of the season finished behind the safety car after a last minute bit of argy bargy followed by two crashes suggests it could be quite an interesting season.

And Jenson freaking Button!!! I’d have guessed Nakajima to win before him.

SST
    Free Member

It was a good race.
    I liked the way JB slowed down on the last lap so he could boot it over the line once the safety car had moved out the way 🙂

Philby

The BBC commentator was terrible – had a completely boring presentation style and tone. Bring back Murray Walker to bring some excitement to the commentary as well.

Racing did look good – and some of the on-board cameras showed some fantastic shots.

votchy
    Free Member

The only thing that spoiled it for me is that poxy commentator, where did they find him from? most boring and unknowing commentator I have ever heard, every time someone did the old ‘move to the side so you know I’m here’move he thought they were trying to overtake, he has no idea, even that pleb james Allen on ITV had a little knowledge. great race though, nice to see someone else at the front, well done to JB, almost perfect drive

shreck
    Free Member

My mum told me 30mins before i was about to watch it.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Same sh1t, different cars. The man on pole still won. The “safety car” is still a device to bring the race back together – and causes carnage when it pulls off and drivers gamble on cold tyres. Not very safe. And that result stands every chance of being thrown out by a commitee in a few weeks; that’s enough F1 for me this season. 😆

hora
    Free Member

Reluctant agree with you there. I’ll be happy to see the smug perma-grin come off Branson’s face though. Surely they’ll have the cameras rolling infront of his face when the verdicts read out..

rOcKeTdOg

Same sh1t, different cars. The man on pole still won. The “safety car” is still a device to bring the race back together – and causes carnage when it pulls off and drivers gamble on cold tyres

what a load of old boolacks

perhaps when there’s a major crash they should let them race through the wreckage, killing the the accident victim and damaging the remaining cars so they crash and die later in the lap? perhaps then you’d deem it more exciting?

i thought it was excellent, different cars and drivers at the front (did you even watch the same race?) and good battles throughout the race, the safety car is necessary for SAFETY believe it or not! bunching the cars up is just an unavoidable side effect that does make for interesting restarts

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

best raceing in ages, they should overhaul the rules every year! Stops the same 2,3,4 teams building on their success year on year.

And what happened to all the Hamilton doubters saying his grid position just proves its the fastest car that wins, and drivers have nothing to do with it? My monies on another good season once either McLaren get a better diffuser (gopod) or BRAWN get DQ’d (bad).

next year, only one wing, front or back, teams get to decide whether their drivers hit the wall head on by opting for a rear wing or backwards by opting for a front wing 🙂

colande
    Free Member

ha i tried to miss the result
    but was on autotrader looking for cars and
    guess what was on there front page Jenson wins,
    Brilliant 🙁

anyway the BBC has the rights to show it on the iplayer!
    so you can re-watch the whole race via that!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Same sh1t, different cars. The man on pole still won. The “safety car” is still a device to bring the race back together – and causes carnage when it pulls off and drivers gamble on cold tyres. Not very safe. And that result stands every chance of being thrown out by a commitee in a few weeks; that’s enough F1 for me this season.

Any car race will be vaguely similar to a previous race of the same sort of vehicle a year later. If you’re expecting massive differenced from one season to the next I’m not sure what sport would suit you, as I cant think of any (other than ball sports <spit>).

The whole problem with the safety rules is that they stifle major differences between cars, which means that all of the cars have to, by definition, have very similar performance. This is the first time I can remember in a long time that people have managed to think of interesting interpretations and its mixed it up a little.

Plus I thought the new cars looked awesome on the track.

aracer
    Free Member

No real surprise at the number of front wings getting damaged/destroyed in the sort of incidents which in previous years they might have got away with!

STATO
    Free Member

The man on pole still won

If you want to see the man from the back win watch world touring cars.

SEAT win the first race, grid get reversed for the second, SEAT’s romp through the casrated BMW’s and win again. Dullsville. Used to be so much better 🙁

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Have that Italian team with the red cars lodged a complaint yet seeing as they didn’t really get a look in all race?

I know the rules have been changed but surely not to the extent that the ‘Ferrari clause’ has been ditched?

😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What ‘Ferrari Clause’?

The one that’s as real as Santa Claus?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

You know, the one about red cars being required to finish in points earning places in any race.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

The man on pole still won.

and the bloke who started 18th finished 4th… no 3rd… and the chap who started from the pit lane finished…. 3rd… erm…12th (having overtake another car under safety car yellows… so given a 25sc penalty)

uplink
    Free Member

Have that Italian team with the red cars lodged a complaint yet seeing as they didn’t really get a look in all race?

Sort of – they are lobbying hard to try & get the diffuser 3 disqualified
    They realise that the appeal may well fail on technical grounds so they’re trying to make a lot of noise about how – if allowed to continue – it would ruin the spectacle of F1 & increase costs etc.

Great race BTW
    Good to see the back markers getting their heads down & keeping themselves in it until circumstances handed them a few extra places. It’s crap when they just give up & tour around, hopefully just not new season enthusiasm.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

They realise that the appeal may well fail on technical grounds so they’re trying to make a lot of noise about how – if allowed to continue – it would ruin the spectacle of F1 & increase costs etc.

Does etc include “not allow the red cars an easy run of it and we can’t very well have these upstart, ‘cheap’ teams winning races can we”?

uplink
    Free Member

Aren’t Brawn the biggest team at the mo? ~700 employees [they’re gonna lose some though] & the car was designed with the highest budget.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I always though a lot of the snobbery in F1 (and with the Italians in particular) was all down to ‘pedigree’, with ‘non-pedigree’ teams being considered cheap, no matter what the truth of the matter?

Reluctant
    Free Member

I must confess – I’m not a great fan of F1. I’d really like to like it, but every time I try again, sucked in by the hype, I find it dull. On sunday, I was reading the paper 7 minutes into the race.
    Fair enough, there was more overtaking this time, but races still seem determined by pit stops, safety cars and later, stewards enquiries. I’d like to see tyres that’ll last a race and fuel tanks big enough for start to finish ; if nesassary, reduce the number of laps to allow this.
    And keep the safety car under wraps. Of course everyone wants safe racing,but most incidents could be dealt with by marshalls and flags or if things are too bad red flag it and re-start with times combined.
    I feel they’re (FIA?) desperatly trying to reshuffle the pack to make it more entertaining – as if they know it’s a dull product.
    75 or so laps is too long to hold interest – what do the drivers think about as they’re driving round and round and round? Do they have iPods? 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My complaint about tonights highlights of F1 . . . .’ is closed to new replies.