Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My commuter bike had an extra lock on it today?
  • ski
    Free Member

Locked my trusty commuter bike up in the usual spot to go to work today and on my return, found a nice looking D lock had been added to secure my bike?

Quick shout to our work security had the lock removed in no time (worring quickly actually) no other bikes near so don’t think it was a mistake and the lock was a branded lock so not cheap either?

Could this have been a ploy to nick my bike, it a busy public area but on private work land?

large418
    Free Member

Old trick to make sure your bike is still there when they come back under cover of darkness…….

eshershore
    Free Member

@ski

Problem is locking your bike in ‘trusty spot’. Thieves get wise to pattern very quickly. Change your spot frequently 😉

ski
    Free Member

Security seemed to think so too, they said they will keep their eyes peeled tonight, that is if they keep awake 😉

ski
    Free Member

I do try, but it’s quite exposed and there are not that many spots to park it up, have in the past tried to put it as near to the work/security entrance as possible

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I was talking to a chap in York station who had locked his bike near mine.

Some doughnut had locked their bike to his!

He wasn’t impressed and was asking every cyclist if they knew who’s bike it was. (I’d be pretty pee’d off too.)

hooli

It is a common trick for stealing motorbikes, thieves put a lock on your bike so you leave it there overnight while you work out what to do. Thieves then come back at night, remove their lock, cut yours off and nick the bike.

I would be wary for sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My commuter bike had an extra lock on it today?’ is closed to new replies.