Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My commute. Endomondo challenge and Wyre Forest content.
  • There’s a recurring question on the various Endomondo challenge threads about what sort of routes qualify.
    There have also been questions about routes to the Wyre Forest from Stourbridge or Kidderminster.
    So, as a public service from a Wyre Forest resident and regular top three on Endomondo, here’s my commute (with a bit cut off each end to avoid giving away my exact location) to show what sort of riding I’m doing and one way of linking up a few off road trails to get from the canal to the forest.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/38867878

0 – 3.6km canal tow path
    3.6 – 4.1km stone track
    4.1 – 5.4km road
    5.4 – 6.1km single track bridleway
    6.1 – 6.7km road
    6.7 – 9.3km stone track
    9.3 – 10.5km road
    10.5 – 14.2 mixed stone track and single track
    14.2 – 15.1km road
    15.1 – 17.1km mixed stone track and single track

I make that about 4km on the road, 4km singletrack and 9km tow path and farm or forestry tracks

trail_rat
    Free Member

Off topic but you popped into my head at lunch today

How did your house reconstruction go last year ?

It’s still an ongoing project.
    I’ve just got back from a ride and I’m thinking I ought to make the most of the warm weather and get started again this year

njee20
    Free Member

Top 3 in what way 😕

You don’t appear to do that many miles…

Thanks though, if I ever find myself in the Wyre forest I’ll remember that!

Klunk
    Free Member

have you ever ridden further than 25 miles ? 😕

amt27
    Free Member

have you ever ridden further than 25 miles ?

yep, he does pretty much every enduro when the season kicks in

Njee, top three in the regular STW monthly mileage challenges.
    It all depends on what you think of as a lot of miles though. 9200km last year, which is not a lot by some people’s standards, but it got me 559th out of 6360 on BikeJournal, bearing in mind all my mileage was on a mountain bike, with about half of it on a single speed, while everyone else on BikeJournal seems to be on a road bike.

Anyway, the point was that people often ask if the type of riding they do is acceptable for the STW monthly challenge, so I was just saying that this is what I do and I’ve got away with it so far.

I’ve done a lot of exploring around this area and I know most of the bridleways and other trails 😉
    I’ll post up a few other routes sometime. I try not to give away my exact home address or shift pattern though, so I’ll have to remember to start and stop the GPS a little way from home.

Klunk, most of mileage is commuting, although I rarely take the direct route, so it’s a sort of a mix of commuting, recreational and training all in one ride.
    238km in 24 hours at SITS is my PB.
    I’ve been thinking about cost of entry and travelling for events and how it could be just as much fun to do some solo long rides from home for a while. This year, it might happen.

Klunk
    Free Member

is lots of short rides good training for occassional epics then ?

0,0,14,14,16,5,109 seems a little lob sided to me

I don’t suppose it’s ideal.
    I work odd shifts though, so when it’s 3am at Mountain Mayhem and I’m trying to motivate myself to go out and do another lap, I can say to myself “It’s only 15km, I commute further than that at this time of night every day”.
    Breaking it down in to individual laps like that helps for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My commute. Endomondo challenge and Wyre Forest content.’ is closed to new replies.