Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My commute accident & Cycle Shoes
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I was cycling home form work today and an old lady indicated and just set off and side swiped me, luckly i didnt fall off but she pushed my back end about 1′ across the road.

as she hit my foot and the back of the bike, my foot must have cought my pedal on the bumper or tyre or something and it lifted my backen up, it was prity scary.

luckly the only damage was that the tighting latch (the buckle thing) snaped off.

So i need a new pair of shoes 🙁 luckly it was only shoes, if there was a carcoming the other way i am sure it woudl have been very very bad :'(

She did stop, and apoligise.

This is my question, what shoes should i get for comuting and some off road and where from would be the cheepest? i dont have much money due to the credit crunch 🙂

Cheers,
    Nezbo

thomthumb
    Free Member

why isn’t she paying for sidis?

matt_outandabout

I would look for some older Specialized or Shimano ones – often cheap, most people they seem to fit rather well.

thomthumb
    Free Member

oh and specialized sport: one of the best shoes available imo. £60 http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1027659/Specialized-BG-Sport-MTB-Shoe.html?referrer=froogle.txt

Nezbo
    Free Member

thomthumb – i couldnt be assed with the assel, if she hadnt hav stoped i would have gone to her house and demanded some money, However i was too pumped and i think a bit shoked, she did offer some money, but like a nob i didnt except it :s

any way we live and learn 🙂

matt_outandabout

I have a mate who has a pair – they seem good.

mattsccm
    Free Member

DHB from Wiggle have good reports from the two people I know with them.

robbo1234biking

Ive had DHB from wiggle for about 8 months and still going strong – nice and comfy and havent had any problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My commute accident & Cycle Shoes’ is closed to new replies.