Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • My cheap far east 29er
  • squealer
    Free Member

not sure if anyones interested in this but i took the plunge and bought one of those cheap, direct form china carbon frames (hong-fu and the like).
    To be honest i wasn’t expecting much from it considering the price but after riding it yesterday for the first time it’s initially proved me wrong and blew me away with it’s speed and the grip of the 29er. Downsides appear to be a slightly short top tube (which suits me as i have a short body), and it is a stiff frame.

Piccie below for anyone interested but at the moment, based on 1 ride, i cant fault it for the price. time will tell i guess…..

njee20
    Free Member

They the carbon Rovals? Looks good.

chakaping
    Free Member

How cheap is cheap?

emac65
    Free Member

“the grip of a 29er” …..It’s been hot & sunny for the last few days & you’ve got Nics on it…..12″ wheels would feel grippy…….. 8)

rewski
    Free Member

nice, like a raven.

vorlich
    Free Member

Looks pretty good.

But what’s going on with the rotors? Is it just the angle or is the rear larger?

andyl
    Free Member

I was wondering that too!

Reminds me of the Kingdom 29er. Does look short though, but that could also be an effect of the large wheels as my 29er scandal looks shorter than my 456 in the same size.

jota180
    Free Member
    squealer
    Free Member

yeah fair point emac65, i did think that was probazbly something to do with it althoughwhere i ride it isnt dry at all.

njee yep thy’re the carbon rovals. got a good deal on them.

chakaping, cheap is >£200

will
    Free Member

Looks smart! Less than £200 though 😯

squealer
    Free Member

and yes the rear rotor is massive, 203mm at the moment. I had a problem with having an IS brake and the frame being post mount so that was the temporory fix, although i’m loving the stopping power!

woody2000

Massive rotor on skinny seatstay 😯

float
    Free Member

a white seatpost clamp and chainguide would finish it off really nicely 🙂

bigh
    Free Member

Blimey I know someone whos got one just like that, and the same garage door.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

They are great frames I had a salsa and 2 on-one carbon 29ers broke all 3 so got one of these £230 china 20″ and it’s been spot on for 5 months now and it rides just the same as the others I had,and a new headset is only $15 posted from x-goods.com

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks nicer than the On-One…

Guessing they come from the same place?

andyl
    Free Member

I would go easy on the back brake with a 203 on there. But then again, carbon is better than crappy welded titanium 😉

brassneck

How do you fit the headset to one of these? Quite interested, but I’m not expecting the old hammer and block of wood is going to help me here 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Guessing they come from the same place?

There are LOADS of carbon factories. Loads and loads. I deal with six currently across our various models and components, and that’s a small selection.

Carbon is really pretty simple to get into. Oven. Mold. Plasticbags. Cutting table. Done.

Doing it right is harder. But, well…

squealer
    Free Member

Ahhhh bigh, did you get your ankle looked at after?

andypaul99
    Free Member

Looks VERY focus raven to me, knowing the Chinese they may well have used it as a blueprint..they are the kings of copy after all

emmodd
    Free Member

I like it. What’s the weight?

bullheart
    Free Member

mick
    Free Member

Mine as a rigid SS

it’s ace

bland

They are all just a result of high end bike sales flat lining and the big guns needing something to rejuvenate sales as oppose to just upgrades!

God i hate 29ers!

DT78
    Free Member

Must not look at these threads.

clubber
    Free Member

squealer, where did you actually buy it – as in website, email? How did you pay and how long was delivery?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Bluddy ell Mick – was yours less than 200 quid as well…?!

singlespeedstu

God i hate 29ers!

Try not clicking on any 29er threads then. 😉

mick
    Free Member

Bluddy ell Mick – was yours less than 200 quid as well…?!

Had it a while now, I think it was about £230 delivered including headset

I waited ages for a 16″ On-one carbon 29er but in the end gave up!

bonesetter
    Free Member

It looks ace – I bet it’s a hoot to ride, and the best sweetner is the price – well done

stimpy
    Free Member

Looks great & all in for less than 250? Where did you get it from?

smiff
    Free Member

please, let us know when that seatstay/dropout area breaks.

more grapes! 😀 haha. seriously carbon does worry me though, my mate wrecked his carbon zaskar just by rubbing his heels too much on the stays.. they must be cared for.

mick
    Free Member

Looks great and all in for less than 250? Where did you get it from?

This http://flyxii.com/products.asp is it, it’s the FLX-FR-211

mlucas666
    Free Member

This http://flyxii.com/products.asp is it, it’s the FLX-FR-211

Impressive, they even have 650b frames.

clubber
    Free Member

who do you suppose will be making all those 2013 650b frames for many of the small to mid sized bike companies? 😉

I’m looking forward to some disc’d cx frames soon as I can’t quite justify a dirty disco.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Just put carbon 29er on eBay and there is loads,I have had 5 now for mates & they take 2 ish weeks to turn up had to pay customs on 3 but it’s only £21 so still very cheap.

haggis1978

Been looking at one of those myself. Looks good.

bland

650B, a response to the mass rush by people to buy 29ers by the mid sized bike companies..

jota180
    Free Member

650B, a response to the [strike] mass rush by[/strike] short in the arse people desperate to buy a 29er [strike]by the mid sized bike companies..[/strike] just like their normal sized mates

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘My cheap far east 29er’ is closed to new replies.