Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • My cat just freaked me out!! (Spooky content)
  • organic355
    Free Member

Wife was just drying up the dishes after dinner and managed to cut her finger quite deeply on a food processor blade. Now she doesn’t like blood and gets a bit dizzy at the sight of her own, so was sat on the kitchen floor trying not to faint and ended up lying down, kind of woozy.

Cat came in and started acting really weirdly, cowering really low and staring right over the wifes shoulder into the dining room and staretd backing away looking sh*t scared.

Not sure what it was, but wife has told me in the past that a spiritualist (yeah I know 🙄 ) once told her she has someone watching over her. Was kind of freaky at the time and felt a cold chill when I went into the dining room, (even though the fire was on).

Spooky or cat just being a nutter?

stuey
    Free Member

<shivers>

RealMan
    Free Member

Who you gonna call?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The cat probably caught a bit of X-Factor on the tellybox!

molgrips
    Free Member

Why would the cat only see the watching-over spirit when the wife was hurt? Would the spirit not have been helping to stop your wife cutting herself in the first place?

Houns

I’ll start off by stating i don’t believe in ghosts/spirits –

My Great Aunt and Uncle used to be farmers, the farmhouse used to be a Nunnery. My Great Aunt said the house was haunted by a Nun, and that the cats and dogs (they had about 6 cats and 2 working collies) used to watch the Nun walk through the lounge. A couple of times when i was there i saw the cats and dogs behave very strange and appear to watch something go from one door to the other!

RealMan
    Free Member

Why would the cat only see the watching-over spirit when the wife was hurt? Would the spirit not have been helping to stop your wife cutting herself in the first place?

LOL @ approaching a “spiritual” issue logically.

Basil

Predators change behavior when they smell blood.
    P.S. dogs rule

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s a spiritual issue?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cats pick up when their owners are distressed, so no great surprise if yours starting behaving strangely.

My sister had a cat who would go up to her if she was crying and place her face about an inch from hers – only did it when my sister was crying.

scruttocks
    Free Member

\+1 for kitteh smelling fresh blood

Woody
    Free Member

What’s a spiritual issue?

The Coming of The Lord?

sweepy
    Free Member

Ectoplasm

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice, woody 🙂

Our cat comes over to check up on our toddler if she’s crying…

DavidB
    Free Member

Could it simply me scared of spiders and with your misses lying down out of the way noticed a twatting great one on the curtain

Taff
    Free Member

Have you seen that episode of doctor who when Catherine Tate had something on her back…?

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, the cat probably saw something that our human eyes could not. Same with dogs or any other animals.

iDave
    Free Member

Yes, the cat probably saw something that our human eyes could not. Same with dogs or any other animals.

what’s that based on other than your opinion?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what’s that based on…….

8 out of 10 cats say they regularly see spooky things.

samuri
    Free Member

Cats really are crap aren’t they? You come in from work after a long day at work and do they say hello and let you know how nice it is to see you? Nope, they cry and cry for strokes and food. They’re only interested in themselves and they only look at you as something that can get them what they want. They’re smart though, they recognise they sometimes have to kiss ass to get it.

If you come in to your dog mind you, lets say after a hard day, the dog is pleased to see you because you’re home. It doesn’t want attention or food or love, it’s just seriously glad you’re back. If you dropped dead the second you walked in the door the dog would guard your body and die next to you if need be. The cat would just eat you.

So then for the OP, his wife cuts herself and struggles to cope. His wife’s guardian angel appears and presumably provides support in her hour of crisis.

What does the cat do when it sees this protector, this watcher, this shield around the person who cat lovers will tell us, is the most important person it it’s life?

It backs away shit scared.

Cats. You’ve invited satan into your house.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Greay Troll Samuri.

The thing is with cats, they are clever. Dogs are as thick as hens. Lovely creatures, but thick.

I’d still be more worried about your wife believing a spiritualist Organic, obviously the cat is having a laugh.

😮

Frankenstein
    Free Member

😆

More Ghosty stories till halloween please!

samuri
    Free Member

No trolling I’m afraid. We have two cats. Both think about one thing only, their own personal comfort. When I get home from work they’re both there rubbing at my legs. All they want is a stroke and food. They don’t care about me. The dog is there though wagging it’s tail like crazy. She’s not interested in food or love, she’s so pleased to see me and would kill or die if she thought it would make me happy. She might not be as smart as one of the cats but she’s a hell of a lot nicer.

Lets say the OP does have a watcher over his wife. Whether this spirit is beneficial or not, the cat will save it’s own skin and run for cover. A dog will, if it believes the spirit to be evil, protect you with it’s live. Gladly.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

SO basically you’re saying a cat nehaves like a cat and a dog behaves like a dog. Then you’re comparing them like a plane and motorbike.

I like cats independant behaviour and no poop scoop but dogs are great companions and become a family member.

Trampus
    Free Member

I don’t like cats, not in a nasty way. I’m a dog man.

Circumstance has dictated that cats have always been a ‘given’ in life.

Their potential for ‘spooky’ behaviour is awesome!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

All three of my cats are happy to see me. And each one will come to me (often running) if I call them individually, even if they are curled up asleep – it has nothing to do with food. One will even leap off the floor into my arms (when I’m standing up).

The fact they sleep all day and do **** all does piss me off though…….lazy feckers.

chewkw
    Free Member

iDave – Member

what’s that based on other than your opinion?

Yes, just based on my own observation. Nothing scientific.

As I once told my engineering colleague who is a person of science that when he died he would turn into carbon and nothingness. The end. He is in his mid 50s so I told him his clock is ticking. I then asked him why hold on to life so tightly knowing that his body would turn into carbon one day so wouldn’t that better just to get out of the rat race quickly? I mean just die? 🙄 😆

p/s: I used to have 2 cats and both were not cowardly put it this way. They never beg for food from me except my father who tend to spoil them rotten or during their dinner time.

hora
    Free Member

I’m with Samuri. Dogs at least want to be your companion. Cats will only hang round long enough if there is decent food etc.

Mind you saying that. If you let your dog out every day he’d last one day before being run over.

Woody
    Free Member

Chewkw

I take it you don’t work for the Samaritans?

ahwiles
    Free Member

my Gf’s got 2 cats, one of them bleats like a sheep and will viciously attack you if you try and walk past it during the night.

the other sleeps a lot, and will sometimes become ‘fixed’ on a point in the room, and he’s really very stupid.

if your cat start’s acting funny, it’s important to remember it has a brain the size of a grape.

stuey
    Free Member

So either an invisible spectral entity or the cat is a a vampiric werebeast trying to protect its true identity – seal the cat flap. 😯

ahwiles
    Free Member

or it’s got a brain the size of a grape.

seriously, the cat with the sleeping and the staring can’t figure out how to use a cat-flap, this is not a creature with knowledge of a ‘hidden world’ – he has enough trouble dealing with this one.

allthepies
    Free Member
    Coyote
    Free Member
    tazzymtb

easy way to sort the cat/dog/wife conundrum

put all 3 in the boot of your car and take them for a drive for a while.

Open the boot and see which one is really pleased to see you.

Leave wife and cat in the wilderness to fend for themselves, miserable egocentric megalomaniancs.

back to the original point. The cat has probably seen sophie ellis bexter on the telly and been scared by the freaky looking cat/human hybrid woman.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

**** dog made me shat myself a few months ago, we were watching Quarantine and it had just finished, I was on the floor ejecting the BRD from the PS3 when the **** dog charges at the patio door, jesus, clean pants for me please, the Mrs ws just pissing herself laughing!

TheSwede
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL ! ^^^

MrKmkII
    Free Member

if i was lying on the floor with my eyes rolling, and if i had a cat, i’d expect that cat to be pretty freaked. i mean, who would be feeding the damn thing, for a start!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘My cat just freaked me out!! (Spooky content)’ is closed to new replies.