Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My car smells of petrol!
  • JCornford

As above, my car smells of petrol inside when I am driving it, it is worst when I am stop with he engine on for a long time and then pull away, or when going slowly with the air con on, any ideas?

ski
    Free Member

Have you tried removing the hose hanging inside your car that is attached to the exhaust yet?

😉

wwaswas

you have a leaking joint or perished hose under the bonnet. the fumes build up when the car is stationary and get sucked into the ventilation system.

I'd get it looked at before it drips on the exhaust.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JCornford

I still get the same mpg on the trip computer, but get about 30 miles less in a tank! 300 instead of 330.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's probably leaking before it gets to the engine

wwaswas

"30 miles less in a tank! 300 instead of 330"

10% fuel leakage is pretty high.

I'd be buying a Nomex suit if it were me.

showerman
    Free Member

i would not drive it anymore till trace the leak and before you catch fire

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

+1 with Showerman

antigee

years ago when we were young and didn't care chose to ignore similar and eventually had an engine fire which adrenaline wise was the highlight of the trip so with the guys above be very very careful

and even if leak is not near engine might be a bit worried about what would happen if something hit you

coffeeking
    Free Member

Could be something as simple as a blocked charcoal canister due to loads of short cold hops. But it needs checking out ASAP before you need that nomex suit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My car smells of petrol!’ is closed to new replies.