Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My bike's got trapped wind !!!!
  • oldfart

😳 Well don’t know how else to describe it ! Since having new Hope headset fitted to my Spicy there is some sort of weird s*** going on .When i put seat up or down there’s a noise like escaping air coming from around the headtube/set area !
    Before anybody asks no i haven’t been on the funny ciggies and am not drunk !Tried taking seat and post out cleaning them up and replacing but still does it .Got wife to witness it as well !
    So now i await ridicule being heaped on me big time ! 😳

coatesy
    Free Member

Try some soapy water around the crown race, just a guess, but I reckon it’ll bubble around the split in the race. If the frame/seatpost junction’s sealed with grease, the air being compressed has to go somewhere, modern BB’s usually have sealed spacer tubes, Hope headsets are fairly well sealed bar the split in the crown race, so I’d suspect that’s where it’s going.

maccruiskeen

Take a bottle boss out, and screw a swanny whistle in its place

toys19
    Free Member

The covert had this, I realised I had sealed up the hole in the bottom bracket with helitape.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

sealed up the hole in the bottom bracket

with muck in my case

oldfart

cheers coatesy will give that whirl , kind of makes sense i guess .

honourablegeorge

My Spicy makes the very same sound since I fitted a Hope headset to it – whenever I lower the reverb, I get the hiss at the headtube.

The air has to go somewhere. I kind of felt it was a good thing that the BB and seat collar areas are airtight.

oldfart

I don’t feel such a dick now ! 😀

khani
    Free Member

It’s a good thing, means your seatpost and seat tube are spot on, not over/under sized…

Take a bottle boss out, and screw a swanny whistle in its place

This ^^^ 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

I have this with my bullit as well, never had it on another bike though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My bike's got trapped wind !!!!’ is closed to new replies.