Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My bike is too big… frame ideas please!
  • WhyHello
    Free Member

I have a Specialized Rockhopper 21inch that i find too long for me to ride as confidently as i'd like. I'm 6ft 3, and think i should go down to a 19inch frame. I'm thinking of swapping the frame for something else, but if i do this, what would be a good replacement? It's just for normal riding, nothing too serious 🙂 I'd have approx £200-£250 available for this, and have no problem going 2nd hand.

Any help would be really appreciated 🙂

Thanks

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Edric64
    Free Member

Have you short limbs for your height?

elaineanne
    Free Member

thats not very helpful mcmoonter is it… 😉
    didnt you demo the specialized rockhopper originally…or get good advice about sizes etc…. alot of bike shops say they see people out on bikes that are way too big for them…..thats just what i hear…

WhyHello
    Free Member

I bought it a few years ago and didn't do as much demoing as i should have done! 🙂

In reality it's not totally wrong, but i'd much prefer a shorter bike. I have long legs, and a shortish body i guess, which makes things a bit tricky!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

What length stem do you currently have? You could probably loose some length in that, say 20mm and then you've got the same overall length as a 19".

WhyHello
    Free Member

The stem is really short already, so that's not really an option for changing!

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

You sure? How long ago is 'a few years'? When I sold Specialized bikes about 5 years ago Rockhoppers weren't particularly long in the TopTube and at 6"3 I'd suggest that 19" would be too small for 'normal riding around'. Then again…I've never met you nor seen you ride that bike so any advice I give is seriously limited.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

thats not very helpful mcmoonter is it…

Hangs head in shame 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My bike is too big… frame ideas please!’ is closed to new replies.