Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My back has just pinged! Help! Docs or hospital?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

An yes I know MTFU!
    But this is bad! I really don’t know what to do, docs or hospital?
    Can’t walk due to being unable to put any weight on my right leg! So pissed off!!

flange
    Free Member

Sounds like you get something similar to me. Last time it happened to me (this time last xmas) I had to call an ambulance. Best thing to do is ring NHS direct and speak to them. They’ll decide the best course of action.

Good luck, hope it isn’t too serious

allthepies
    Free Member

What were you saying the other day ?

Couldn’t gaf never really gaf but I could probably knock most of you out coz I’m a builder!

🙂

Get well soon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha. I’ll be building from my wheel chair! 😆

Drac

Ring your Dr’s or out of ours service, they’ll be able to sort you with the relevant pain relief if it’s just lower back pain.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Drac, I’m currently suffering similar back problems – would you recommend physiotherapy as a solution? Thinking about going private but don’t want to waste money.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Assuming no loss of feeling, control or numbness it’s likely to be muscular, gone into spasm. Get the best painkillers and anti-inflams you can find and get to a GP if it doesn’t get any better in a day or so. Im a little jaded as I had a similar issue and have been passed from medical pillar to post with no-one giving me an answer but having to deal with increased insurance costs for travel due to the repeat doc visits.
    I’ve been to two physios, including one very prominent sports physio that works on local sports personalities. They gave similar descriptions but conflicting advice. Following either’s advice seems to make things repeat more frequently and following the sports phsio’s advice seems to rapidly increase my injury rate. I’ve re-assessed my own back from an engineering/common sense point of view and do the exercises/stretches that I think make sense and it seems to be vastly improving in strength.

One suggested I was over-curving my lower spine and that was causing pressure on the nerves, that I should attempt to straighten my lower back more when bending/using it. This immediately throws it into spasm, however they did point out that I have hamstrings so tight they are like guitar strings so i’m trying to stretch those out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Drac, I’ve just stubbed my toe. Thoughts?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Phone your GP. We ain’t on holiday. 😥

Drac

Muddy not my field I’m speak to your GP but Physio should help.

Jamie, grab the bluntest kitchen knife you have and have your foot off just above the ankle.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, grab the bluntest kitchen knife you have and have your foot off just above the ankle.

Waaaaay ahead of you.

…but took it off at the knee and used some nail clippers. Can never be too careful.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Have got history of back pain, and after an MRI it was discovered that fluid is missing around one of my discs (think that was it, as i lost interest as he said I’d got to live with it) but this feels different. Happened as I bent down to pick something up (that I will not disclose on here due to further added ridicule 😆 ) and I went down like ronaldo! Managed to get in at docs at 4 just to get some big hitter painkillers hopefully!

Drac

Hope you’re sorted soon, done the right thing that’s what Dr’s are there for. Enjoy your sober New Years Eve.

Jamie sometimes we can never be too safe.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My back has just pinged! Help! Docs or hospital?’ is closed to new replies.