• This topic has 26 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • My android phone is being a nob.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

1) Every call answered goes straight on to the speaker. I can’t find where/how to turn this off.

2) The screen auto rotates even with that option turned off.

Anyone know how to fix these?

aracer
    Free Member

Get an iPhone 😈

aracer
    Free Member

Get an iPhone 😈

scotroutes

Don’t get an iPhone unless you want to double post everything.

thegreatape
    Free Member

OK, tried that, but can’t find an iPhone in my house 🙂

tomhoward

Sounds like a fault with the hardware, rather than the os?

How to fix? Get an iPhone.

scotroutes

Have you tried switching it off and on again (seriously)?

A complete reset (carefully saving all data first)?

aracer
    Free Member

Oh I posted that from my android phone

As you suggest, when I’ve had similar weird problems, turning it off and back on seems to sort them out.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have, fixed the auto rotate but only temporarily, it starts up again after a while.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Switching off that is, not a reset.

oldnpastit

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8[/video]

matt_outandabout

What phone is it?

Mine has an answer button I can drag to ‘answer’, ‘speaker’ or ‘voicemail’ – I do hesitate to suggest it, but user error?

btbb
    Free Member

Had a problem answering calls on a Nexus 5 and the issue was traced to the screen protector I’d put on. Removed it and it works ok. May not solve your problem though!

globalti
    Free Member

Do a hard reboot, by taking the battery out, which you can’t do with an iPhone. Solves everything.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well I thought I’d backed it up but seem to have lost everything after a factory reset. Which didn’t solve the problems.

TheFlyingOx

Does it show a little car in the status bar when someone calls you? Speakerphone and screen rotation sounds like it thinks it is in one of those car phone cradle things…

thegreatape
    Free Member

No, doesn’t do that.

Drac

You have to take the battery out to a hard reboot. How prehistoric.

scotroutes

Very few phones (Android or otherwise) let you take the battery out. It’s usually a key-press combination

CountZero

Do a hard reboot, by taking the battery out, which you can’t do with an iPhone. Solves everything.

On an iPhone, you can do a hard reset just with a button combo.
    And being able to take out the battery totally compromises the structure of the phone: you can’t have a waterproof or water-resistant phone and be able to take out the battery.

thegreatape
    Free Member

After all that, it appears that both problems were being caused by fluff in the mini USB port – presumably causing some sort of short circuit that made the phone think it was in a car holder or something???

fasthaggis

Are you saying it was a fluffing problem all along? 😛

thegreatape
    Free Member

Appears so. You’d think a man that had to empty his navel of fluff every day would think to check this straight away.

cp

An iPhone wouldn’t have got dust in its socket 😉

roger_mellie

No, an iPhone would’ve just run out of power.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

And being able to take out the battery totally compromises the structure of the phone: you can’t have a waterproof or water-resistant phone and be able to take out the battery.

Well that’s bollocks. My Galaxy xcover3 has a removable battery and is waterproof to IP67 – 1m for 30 minutes. I also have cameras and GPS units which do the same. Maybe your comment should be “apple can’t make a phone with a removable battery which could cope with anything more than a steamy bathroom”.

Drac

No, an iPhone would’ve just run out of power.

Androids never run out of power? They’ve invented perpetual energy?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘My android phone is being a nob.’ is closed to new replies.