Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My 5.10 shoes take ages to dry. Tips?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

My 5.10s are just sodden from one week to the next and never actually dry out. The wife let me put them on the radiator on Friday night, but she wasn’t too happy about it. So how does anyone speed up the drying process? Or is it just a case of get a spare pair of Tevas for the really wet weather…

Northwind

I got a set of very cheap shoe dryers off ebay, they make a surprising difference. But mine get hung on the radiator even then

Which 5 10s is it? The Freeriders are much better for it than the old IMpacts. Feels like the new Impacts will be ok in the wet too (haven’t tested this- I don’t like them tbh but that’s just a personal opinion)

bikeneil
    Free Member

Take the soles out, put them on the radiator then fill the shoes loosely with newspaper and leave over night.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Stuff with newspaper straight away, change it 20 mins later.

Defnly don’t put them in the tumble dryer if they’ve got a cardboard mid-sole as it’ll disintegrate IME 😳

legend
    Free Member

Change wife?

Alternatively, stuff them full of newspaper and keep changing it every-so-often, or make Dampires (trademark) by filling socks with silica gel to help draw out moisture that way. Still really want decent access to a radiator or boot drier though

CheesybeanZ

MrsbeanZ puts hers in the airing cupboard .

russianbob
    Free Member

Inside out nappy.

br
    Free Member

The wife let me

Seriously?

Sick them in the airing cupboard, if you dare… 😈

carlos
    Free Member

Remove the inner soles and get a cheap flat fan heater blowing into them?

devs
    Free Member

Puppy pads or disposable nappy for a couple of hours and then under a radiator or in the conservatory in summer. Dry for next ride. Spray with Grangers too, it stops them getting as wet.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I got a couple of desktop computer fans, bodged some bogroll tubes onto them with gaffa tape and stuck a 12V transformer on the power leads. Hey presto a pair of shoe driers for about £2 each 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mine seem to live stuffed with paper in the airing cupboard.

gazc
    Free Member

used to have mine stuffed with paper all the time/by the log burner/radiators but it was a bit of a faff and i kept getting bollocked for having them in the ‘nice’ bits of the house rather than the designated subzero porch. bought one of these shoe driers below from clas ohlson and not looked back since, dries them out in an hour or so, plus can do the missus’s fivetens/our walking boots when we’ve been out together as its got 4 hoses. adapter for gloves is pretty good too – i’ve been putting my spd shoes and gloves on it for 5mins before embarking on freezing morning commutes the last week 🙂

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Coline-Shoe-Dryer/18-4230

don’t worry about it being hung on a wall – it works on the flat too. they also do a cheaper freestanding 2 hose one for £20

jools182
    Free Member

Gazc wins the thread 🙂

fivespot
    Free Member

Don’t get them wet 😉

disconoir
    Free Member

+1 one for inside out nappy.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Great spot gazc!

On cold days I put my 5:10s and my gloves in the footwell of the car and put the heater on full enroute to my ride. Gives a nice toasty start to the ride 🙂

Scapegoat

Clasohlsen were doing those for fifteen quid a week or two back. I got one for me and one for a mate for Chrimbo. 😛

Dilwyn
    Free Member

If I need to put on a pair of wet 5:10’s I wear my seal skinz.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My 5.10 shoes take ages to dry. Tips?’ is closed to new replies.