Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • My 4 year old son has JUST gone to bed….
  • DrP

Seriously – give me some of what he’s on!
    I’m knackered, wife’s gone to bed, yet he’s buzzing about the place like its 2pm and he’s just had some IV caffeine…..
    Normally he’s in bed by about 1900ish,,..
    Kids are mad!

DrP

djglover
    Free Member

Wean him of the phet

iolo
    Free Member

Give him Temazpam

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eskay

Let us know if he is as perky when you wake him up this morning.

chojin
    Free Member

I pray for the day mine goes to bed at midnight 🙂

boxelder

Make them go earlier – they’re kids.
    Yes, I have three.

chojin
    Free Member

At 4 weeks old, that might be easier said than done 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

We never feed ours after about 5:30 at night. Every time they eat they have a good hour of high activity. By about 19:00 they’re just starting to calm down and tucked up by 19:30. Works most of the time. And yes, we feed then proper, decent homemade food. No processed , microwave high sugar content stuff.

hora
    Free Member

Any yoghurt etc etc last night? Be surprised how much sugar oat bars biscuits have in them.

matt_outandabout

As above, feed before 5:30, only water and chilled bath time / stories and bed – no Screen time – after that.
    Walk him twice a day like dog – good physically and for everyone’s mental health, and you wear him out ( like a collie).
    Show him who is boss and put him down on time, same routine as much as possible.
    One of ours was terrible at bed time and staying in bed, and it was all a control thing – him enjoying ‘getting one over us’ basically, and he was (is) a stubborn lad so it could go on for hours and hours.
    I hope it works out, it’s a knackering time…

bigyinn
    Free Member

You fed him after midnight didn’t you?

mrblobby
    Free Member

So what sort of state was he in this morning….? 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

Gremlin syndrome

globalti
    Free Member

Routine routine routine. It’s the only way.

mogrim

As above, feed before 5:30, only water and chilled bath time / stories and bed – no Screen time – after that.
    Walk him twice a day like dog – good physically and for everyone’s mental health, and you wear him out ( like a collie).
    Show him who is boss and put him down on time, same routine as much as possible.

Most of that’s great, but: 5:30??? Don’t think my kids have ever had dinner before 7!

GrahamS

Most of that’s great, but: 5:30??? Don’t think my kids have ever had dinner before 7!

Yep, I don’t get in from work till after 6 on a good day!

I agree routine is key though. Set bedtimes and wind down time with stories, cuddles etc.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Normally he’s in bed by about 1900ish,,..

I’m sure all the advice is appreciated by the OP, but it sounds like he’s got things pretty sorted already routine wise. Think never mind how good your routine is kids will have the occasional blip for no apparent reason!

hora
    Free Member

Any major probs with ours and its wheeling out the ol baby/soothing warm milk time.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

will someone think if the child ! this is pure child abuse…the parents must be stopped…if going by your name you are a doctor then it just goes to show that even educated people are just as evil as the less educated…

Of course all said in jest… 😈

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Just lock them in the shed that way you don’t need to hear them.

sssimon
    Free Member

Just lock them in the shed that way you don’t need to hear them.

see I just lock them all out of the shed……….

If I didn’t feed our 4 year old after 5.30 I think he’d stage a revolt, he’s an eating machine, snack at 5, dinner at 6.30/7pm, snack at 8.30 and bed for 9 (and anything he pics out of the fruit bowl between times)

Never fails to amaze me how he puts it away, runs it off and is like the Duracell bunny right up to the point he just rolls over and switches off.

brakes
    Free Member

Think never mind how good your routine is kids will have the occasional blip for no apparent reason!

^^this. kids are bothersome.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘My 4 year old son has JUST gone to bed….’ is closed to new replies.