Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My 30th birthday ride – Afan – helmet cam footage
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

I went 30 on Friday just gone, the girlfriend and I, had some nice weather, so we tested a GoPro Wide (we are going to the alps in 4 weeks so wanted to see how it coped)
    thought someone may be interested in the footage/camera
    [link removed per fozzy’s request – mod]

zaskar
    Free Member

Many happy (3 days late) returns for your Birdy day. 😆

Action vids are always good 2 watch.

fozzybear
    Free Member

thanks. to many ppl moan about Afan. I personally think Whites trail is a really good ride, nice climb, good fun singletrack stuff, minimum of fireroad.. we will never have Scottish trail centres here, thins IMO is the closest we will get.

retro83
    Free Member

Well I personally love Afan. Camera took great footage, really like the shot looking back at your mate. Not too much shake or motion blur either.

Oh & happy birthday!!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Foz, all the best.

fozzybear
    Free Member

that’s me at the back, my girlfriend is riding with the camera! She’s not slow is she, hehe 🙂
    Lucky to be with her!

Cheers Aphex.

Mister-P
    Free Member

You have managed to make that look really boring. 17 minutes of watching a rear wheel spinning is not my idea of a great ride video. Sorry but it didn’t make me want to go out and ride.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

were was the camera?…u didnt get enough air on the energy section…but then its quite a daunting section for most that go to afan….ur gf’s rear hub sounds good

fatboyslim
    Free Member

Why didn’t you point the camera forwards, and film the person infront? That wheel contstantly there is really off putting. Nice quality video footage, but think you should have experimented with different camera positions more.

oh and happy b’day!

fozzybear
    Free Member

we are just testing setups, making sure the camera stays in it’s place, we have a bar setup and two helmet setups (on full facers). Sorry it bored you.

Johny the camera is mounted on the swingarm on old mk2 heckler.
    i didn’t get much air as I could but I didn’t want to rear end the girlfriend that would be a recipe for disaster 🙂 broken camera, bike and relationship hehe. she wanted me close enough to be in shot.

the hub is a Hope xc 😉

fozzybear
    Free Member

fatboy slim – we have tested forwards and mounted to helmets, we wanted to test a rear view. rear facing is a hard on to do as the bike is always leading away from the following rider.
    sorry can’t please everyone, i’m just the ghey rider behind not the cameraman but i will pass on the comments.
    thx

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Deffo think a forward facing “pursuit” cam looks better. More immersive. Great little cam though – really impressive image for the price. Been toying with the idea of one for when I go to Oz. Hmm…

What is she riding Foz? I’m sure she had a Heckler, but might be wrong. Seems to accelerate pretty rapidly when coasting down.

Bloody noisy freewheel though. ;o)

fozzybear
    Free Member

Heckler yer, it’s a tftuned 5th element replaced internals with a shim stack.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My 30th birthday ride – Afan – helmet cam footage’ is closed to new replies.