Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My 26" bike rebuild- thanks to QECP Collective + fatcreations.com
  • johnny

Are you torn between your cherished, yet antiquated 26″ bike and new shiny bicycles with marginally larger wheels?

This may not be cost effective for some, but I’ve just finished the rebuild of my 2012 Yeti SB66 and i reckon it’s pretty trick, and has added plenty of life and crucially, shininess…

I wrote a race report for the QECP Day/Night Enduro last year, and won a custom respray from fatcreations.com which I have finally finished building up. Thanks to Scott for the great race, and Ali for his superb paintwork and patience with my indecision about colour schemes!

I’ve replaced the RP23 and Lyrik I had on the bike originally with some more on-trend suspension and I reckon it’ll be the nuts as a result. What do we think? (Apologies for crap phone shots)

photo 1

photo 2

dab

I think it looks pretty mint

now go get it dirty 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Very nice and simple paint job there Johnny. Doesnt scream loudly at you like a number of new bikes do (like mine 🙂 ). Alistair at Fat Creations does some fantastic paint work and is a top bloke, so I’m glad you are pleased with the result!

Will we see it at the QECP D/N this year?

johnny

Thumbs up to that! Shiny new bikes make me a bit reluctant about getting them dirty, so shiny-new-bike-with-custom-paint is even worse… I need to go throw it down a hill before I’m tempted to frame it…

johnny

I’m entered in masters for the D/N, so yes, I’ll be there!

The paint is meant to be in ‘retro’ Yeti colours- hence the black outline on the decal- but in the layout of the SB66 colour scheme. I’m pretty pleased!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

See you in May johnny 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My 26" bike rebuild- thanks to QECP Collective + fatcreations.com’ is closed to new replies.