Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My 22 year old xc shoes gave up today…..recommendations for replacement please
  • commander
    Free Member

So, bought in 1995 my specialized body comp pro shoes finally bit the bullet today with one ratchet strap shearing off. Can’t grumble…22 years….but need some new xc type shoes for blasts and big days out (think road shoe with grip). I have wanted sidi dominators since about 2005 so almost got excited today when mine broke as it gave me an excuse, but have just read that their soles are hard plastic and offer no grip on rock.
    Slim of foot preferable. Anywhere £60 – £140 sort of bracket.
    Any recommendations, possibly in stw fashion of what you currently own or recent bargains spotted (in a 47).

ferrals
    Free Member

Shimano xc7 great shoes quite grippy soles

matt_outandabout

Shimano seem both more durable than the other brands I’ve had since a 1990’s Specialized pair, and more comfy.

TheGingerOne

Mentioned it a few times, but I rate Scott shoes, both for quality and price. If you look at their website they have a surprising number of models which you can then google to find (often discounted, e.g. If you were EU44 or 45)

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Northwave have quite a old specialized shape to them, although no idea on how long they last. Was a long time specialized shoe user but last year’s shoes have got a lot smaller, lower and the opening to the shoe a LOT smaller certainly the pro ones,ended up damaging my ankle, as they seemed fine in the shop. But on measuring them compared to older ones the space for your foot/ankle has become 1.5 cm less. Although if they fit they were lovely shoes.

alanl
    Free Member

I really like my year old Lake shoes:
    SaltDog Lake shoes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My 22 year old xc shoes gave up today…..recommendations for replacement please’ is closed to new replies.