Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My 2012 talas 36 R 160…maybe it has problems :-(
  • oliquick
    Free Member

Super chuffed about my new talas arriving today – it looks so buff! It seems as though the the 2-position travel adjustment (supposed to be 160-120) is only dropping the fork down to a stanction length of 140mm from 160mm.

Does anyone know if this is faulty? Have fox have had issues with their 2-position on the 2012 forks? Maybe there is actually only 120mm of functional travel in the 140mm shortened stanction?

Cheers folks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It might be worth leaving the forks upright for a while to let the fluids etc settle into their normal position after transit. Perhaps let all the air out of them after settling and re-pressurise them?
    I could be talking twaddle however.

grantyboy
    Free Member

the 140mm would indicate it’s a 180mm model, sure you got the right one?

Northwind

grantyboy – Member

the 140mm would indicate it’s a 180mm model

Well, not if it’s dropping from 160 😕

blinty
    Free Member

my 2012 talas 180 work as they should dropping to 140 so u may have a problem. do they go back to 140 after compressing them right down?

oliquick
    Free Member

Yeah they rack up to 140mm after compressing them right down and they are definetly starting at 160. The other thing is that when I drop them to 140 and wait a couple of seconds they kinda hiss and loose a few mm when left completely alone. Looks to me as though they could be leaking.

Cant believe it, £800.

blinty
    Free Member

the talas forks do make like a hiss sound when u alter the travel that is perfectly normal. if they were leaking you would either have oil on them or a drop in air pressure and they would go soft. not too sure about them only going to 140 tho. contact mojo maybe?

oliquick
    Free Member

Will do.

Cheers,

I’ll post the outcome.

oliquick
    Free Member

They’re ok now, turns out they needed a good bedding in…rode them all day today and now they work perfectly. Its kinda strange how the travel drops, it happens progressively over numerous compressions dropping bit by bit rather than in a single compression…i think i prefer it to the coil-fork travel adjust.

roddi18
    Free Member

When did 2012 fox forks come out? bit early, no?

oliquick
    Free Member

I got them from the otherside of the pond.

The original issue with them was a false alarm. They needed bedding in it turns out. Working a dream.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My 2012 talas 36 R 160…maybe it has problems :-(’ is closed to new replies.