Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mwhahahahahahaha My new 29er frankenforks live!!
  • tazzymtb

At last, having given up getting some nice boingly forks to replace the current mk1 frakenfork (mix of 26 reba bits and 29er lowers) I now have a U-turn poploc 29 mk2 frakenfork that'll give an approximate 75-105mm travel.

Looks tops and will make the scandal even more fun- short for racey long for hoppypoppy stuff 😀

if anyone is interested I'll post some pics and instructions

kaesae
    Free Member

Way to go tazzymtb! RA RA RA!!!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I'd like some details and pics please as i'm contemplating this,

Did you use the same uppers and lowers from the same year?

Was it as simple as swapping 26" lowers for 26" lowers?

MrNutt
    Free Member

has sir been at the flapjacks again now? nurse!

cheers_drive

Details and pics for me please. I've still got those Reba 29er lowers with the fckd CSU I could resurrect.

Cheers

tazzymtb

I'll sort a lunatics guide to bodged 29er forks and email to interested fools (at least I won't be the only Darwin award contender) 😀

tazzymtb

oooh just noticed, nice tags, where the **** did they come from? 😆

robkhoo
    Free Member

I've done a similar thing on my Ferrous – 29er lowers on Pike 426 uppers, which gives about 105mm travel, but with the length of a 120mm fork (the uppers stop the fork compressing fully). I wanted the longer length to slacken off the head angle (it's also got a 26" back wheel for the same reason) and it works rather well, if a bit heavy. They will be replaced my some Manitou Minute 20mm axle 120mm jobbies when they turn up in this country.

markenduro
    Free Member

I've done a similar thing but changed the lowers on my 2007 29er rebas for the 20mm bolt through lowers from a 2009 model. The lowers were too good a deal to miss out on and work pretty well apart form the usual reba oil leaks through the lockout.
    Have the original QR lowers still, if anyone is interested make me an offer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mwhahahahahahaha My new 29er frankenforks live!!’ is closed to new replies.