Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • must see/do things to do in Aberdovey…?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

will be staying there soon and would welcome any ideas for fun family activities (bike or non bike related)they must be ok for my boys (6/8yrs old) they are quite happy riding trails for a few hours but no monster hills!

Any suggestions welcome!

flatfish
    Free Member

There’s a beach there.
    Hth 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Crab fishing off the jetty and… nope that’s all I’ve got. There’s not a lot going on round there, but it is a very nice place; certainly compared to nearby places like Borth & Tywyn. There’s also no need to spend money on it: string, a weight, bacon fat, a wee bucket and a steady hand are all you need.

Nice ice-cream available.

Borth has the animalarium, which is pretty expensive, but I liked it. Tywyn has a cinema, arcades (for when it rains), The Talyllyn Railway and the honey ice-cream factory.

Rob likes ice-cream 🙂

dti

Walk Cadair Idris – from Minffordd Path , tal y llyn- Or ride the pony path from Abergynolwyn – Visit Castell y Bere.
    King Arthur’s Labyrinth is ok – The cave explorers (same place) better for older kids.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Mach Loop

Not weekends. Can’t guarantee flying, but if they do, it’s great.
    CAD West is good and you don’t have to go too far up the hill.

Rich.

muddyground
    Free Member

Used to live there. It’s nice enough and great when there’s a big storm. Walk along the beach to the dunes; there’s the estuary walk back through town and along the rocks; crabbing anywhere; beach casting; plus walks up into the hills from town.

My wife, however, hated the place. Much preferred Tywyn – especially the ice cream factory!

Harlech is great, and Trawsfynydd now has a family bike trail and cafe. Mac is a bit hippy. For 6/8 year olds though you can’t beat the Fairbourne railway to Barmouth [where the crabbing is better!]. Indeed around there Barmouth is the place to be – although a bit Birmingham-on-Sea for some.

Just don’t be bothered by a bit of rain.

Have a great time my friend; it’s a great place whatever you end up doing.

Tiger6791

Beach – Take a garden spade to build monster sand castles, none of this fannying about with little plastic things.

The yacht club seem to be running courses for young kids at the moment, loads of littlies out on Toppers

Crabbing off the jeti

Walk up the Roman Road (follows the rock along the coast, starts at the end of the gardens / park by the Penhelig Arms Hotel)

There’s a half decent park for kids

Walk up the big hill at the top of Copper Street

Climb Cadair Idris (just done this with my (just turned) 8yo daughter)

King Arthur’s Cave thing at Corris

Eat ice cream

Go to the beach again

Coed y Brenin is not too far and has tame routes.

Cycle the Mawdach trail into Barmouth for ice cream. (very flat)

Go see the Dyfi Osprey Project

The Red Kite feeding at Nant y Arian is pretty spectacular

Climb up to the BandStand (it’s crappy but my kids like doing it)

Oh and Donkeys, but it’s a bit short ride and expensive but they are well looked after

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Ride the Mawddach trail, no hills so great for kids, start at Dolgellau and ride to The George Hotel Penmaenpool.
    I recommend getting up early and walking up the beach as the sun’s coming up at Aberdovey.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers all, will look into a few of those things.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian has some great trails… Probably my favourite trail centre
    Climach x is close too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘must see/do things to do in Aberdovey…?’ is closed to new replies.