Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Must-see in Aberdeen?
  • DrJ

Someone just told me she is going to Aberdeen for a long weekend, and asked me what she has to see. As I lived there for 5 years, maybe she thought I would know. But apart from “jump on a bike and get out of town” I was stumped.

What did I forget … ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

The train station’s a good efficient option too 😆

geoffj

The train station’s a good efficient option too

The shopping bit in the station is actually quite nice – not sure about owt else though 😐

big_scot_nanny

Head out deeside? Banchory area?

grantyboy
    Free Member

down the beach?

dragon
    Free Member

King’s College area is OK. The beach. Maritime museum. Art gallery. Lets be honest the city center ain’t that great to visit, for scenery. Can list decent pubs, e.g. Under the Hammer.

If the weather is nice get out of town and visit Banchory/Scolty/Crathes, head south to Stonehaven/Dunnottor castle or got north along the coast to Forvie Nature reserve.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Marischal College, Old Aberdeen around the University and perhaps a wander round Fitdee but to be honest Aberdeen isn’t much of a tourist destination. It’s a great place to live, but not to visit I don’t think.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Go the the Inversnecky Cafe on the beach and watch out to sea – I’ve seen dolphins on the beachfront more often than not.
    Head out the Inverurie road to the Tyrebagger. There was a nice forest walk/bike ride with some neat woodland sculptures – the walk’s still there, not so sure about the sculptures

McHamish
    Free Member

Go to the Maternity Hospital…I was born there.

There’s probably a plaque or something.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The City has all the hallmarks of being quite nice by all accounts, my comment above was simply motivated by the countryside around the City.
    Can you not take a bike?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve been to Aberdeen I’ve always enjoyed it, I think, there was beer involved.
    I do recall it can be cold, even in summer. Didnt stop me enjoying an ice cream on the seafront in march once though. NNNgggghh head freeze!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Must-see in Aberdeen?’ is closed to new replies.