Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Must have kit for winter
  • seizednuts
    Free Member

The best since sliced bread for me has got to be OVER SHOES OMFG they are worth every penny.

Closly followed but winter gloves.

Then anything that will keep my ears warm ( not that they stick out or anything) 8)

uplink
    Free Member

Cross country spikes – for running on ice

spooky_b329

Waterproof Gloves
    Waterproof Winter Boots (if you think overshoes are good, try the boots!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

stealth kit.
    goretex spds
    Ski socks

ton

5/10s and merino socks
    marmott winter tights
    goretex overshorts
    extremities velo glove
    cioch made to measure waterproof.

toastietastic 😉

alexonabike

Stripy $10 baselayer trousers from NZ under normal baggies, but over lycra.

Toasty

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A fully rigid singlespeed — no worries about frozen cables, trashed forks etc

Everyone in the gang running slime tubes — no getting frozen waiting for others to fix punctures

jimmy

any hat under my helmet. baldness ain't fun in winter.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Love my overshoes and Sealskinz waterproof gloves. A thin fleece skull cap for under my helmet is also pretty essential.

spooky_b329

Oh, forgot, a STW Buff. Keeps neck warm, or if really cold it goes on balaclava style under my helmet, then it keeps everything warm apart from nose and mouth.

mcboo
    Free Member

Ski gloves
    …..and anything made by Gore. I do think their water/windproof gear is rather good, looks nice and aint too pricey.

cp

sealskins and overshoes to keep the feet warm, sealskins cycle gloves to keep the hands warm, and a buff to keep the ears warm. everything else stays warm from the work it's doing. protecting the extremeties makes my riding so much more fun 🙂

jamesfifield

Seconding the spikes and SS: guaranteed fun no matter what the weather

5thElefant
    Free Member

The static bike in my heated gym 😆

neil853
    Free Member

MW80 boots, endura merino skull cap

nickc

Phantom n2S jersey.

Don't need winter gloves personally, after about 10 minutes my hands are toasty. Can't keep my toes warm for love nor money though, and I've tried more or less everything over the years, got used to it now.

duntstick
    Free Member

A full bladder for peeing on your derailleur…….

naedeyw
    Free Member

A comfy foot stall and a remote control 😆

Deffo rigid SS, plus buffs are great – on head, round neck, wherever. Good tight-fitting base layer under a windproof softshell jacket.

naedeyw
    Free Member

Don't need winter gloves personally, after about 10 minutes my hands are toasty. Can't keep my toes warm for love nor money though, and I've tried more or less everything over the years, got used to it now.

Try wearing gloves to keep your feet warm! Not being funny but if your circulation is working hard to keep your fingers warm then your toes are missing out.

sofaking
    Free Member

no mention of a hip flask full of something nice and warming yet.

shame on you all

Jamie
    Free Member

uplink – Premier Member
    Cross country spikes – for running on ice

I was going to get some of these, but thought it was not worth it for the few days i would get to use them. Starting to reconsider now.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Must have kit for winter’ is closed to new replies.