Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Must do ride suggestion near Kendal???????
  • peakprowler
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a must do ride in the Kendal area, got to collect something there tomorrow & it seems rude not to have a ride near there

DeeJay
    Free Member

Garburn – park at Staveley – its only a few miles beyond Kendal.

grumm
    Free Member

Yup get to Staveley – lots of great riding can be done from there. Garburn is great both ways round. You can go from Staveley over to Kentmere with a nice DH to Kentmere Hall, then over Garburn to Troutbeck, right down through the caravan park. Loop back round on the road and past Dubbs reservoir, then back over Garburn to Kentmere, up the bit you came down by Kentmere Hall, then when you get back to the stream take a left and DH all the way back to Staveley.

If that makes any sense.

gingerflash

I’d agree with doing Garburn. I disagree that it’s good either way. I would always ride up from Troutbeck and down into Kentmere. It’s all rideable that way and the descent is more technical, particularly up at the top. The other way probably means carrying/pushing some of the climb and the descent is then quite easy although it is long and fast.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Go into Wheelbase cycles at Staveley they sell a waterproof map with 4 cracking rides on it for £3. I have done all of them but my favourite is the blue route (its just the colour on the map not a grading) which goes from Staveley in a 16 mile loop. Its not too technical and apart from the first bit up and over the moors which is a bit boggy its a fun blast.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Theres some exellent Trails north of Kendal on the A6,Start at Strawberry bank heading to Poppy farm,Selside,old milatary road via mosser to leagate,Byroad via forest hall,Martclose via hollowgate then take the great climb onto the Breast High road keeping right for Bretherdale head farm and return via tebay along Borrowdale valley to the a6 😉

Or the Stavley area is also exellent and very popular!

grumm
    Free Member

I disagree that it’s good either way.

Depends what you like. Personally I love the long descent down into Troutbeck – nothing overly technical but fast and long with great views and enough technical stuff to keep you interested. The other way is probably better mainly because the climb is mostly rideable, but both are well worth doing imo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Must do ride suggestion near Kendal???????’ is closed to new replies.