Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Must be new road bike season…
  • paulpalf
    Free Member

Not quite finished yet, but I’m so excited I had to share!
    Hopefully the rest of the bits should arrive in the mail next week (Canada Post is so slow compared to the Royal Mail).
    Syndicate Industries is a new company a friend has started here in Vancouver, this is one of the first batch of carbon road frames.

It’s not actually black, but a custom paint called Kandy green. It is translucent so you can see the carbon underneath:

My first “real” road bike (I have a ‘cross bike). I also recently got a new MTB from Syndicate, which I am really enjoying.
    http://su6b7g.blu.livefilestore.com/y1paaVa2UPmnP3A3AHqng8nsAtxDN1ZI0rdcGl2_LiiaBBJqtlus6oYu09Jz7XBQrdezblt4iMeALxxqm35QEcQFn0i29e5WK7d/hitman%20three%20quarter%20view.jpg?psid=1
    (for some reason this image won’t embed)
    A two-bike year, now I’m broke!

blades2000
    Free Member

Nice, really like the paint job.

atlaz
    Free Member

I like the look of it. How much did the frame set you back if you don’t mind me asking? I’m going to be in Vancouver soon (well, White Rock) and it might be on the shopping list.

oldgit
    Free Member

Who makes those?

TomHill
    Free Member

It’s alright I s’pose, if you like that kind of thing. Wow. Lovely.

Tom83

Nice paint job. Must look cracking in the flesh!

Jamie
    Free Member

Who makes those?

Did you read the OP?

Syndicate Industries is a new company a friend has started here in Vancouver, this is one of the first batch of carbon road frames.

martymac

put a length of chain round the small ring and a middlish sprocket and take it for a spin.
    you can worry about brakes later.
    looks great, btw.

oldgit
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure if they actually laid up the carbon themselves, I thought they were an importer.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure if they actually laid up the carbon themselves, I thought they were an importer.

Ah. Sorry about that.

pastcaring
    Free Member

looks shit! just like every other road bike!

mooman
    Free Member

pastcaring – another fatty with jealousy probs??

smell_it
    Free Member

Very nice indeed, makes a pleasant change to have to look who made the frame rather than be faced with 2 dozen logo’s!

pastcaring
    Free Member

mooman – Member
    pastcaring – another fatty with jealousy probs??

funny, riding my mountain bike stops me from getting fat! if it was a nice mountain bike a may of been a little jealous…

think it says it all at the top of the page,

singletrack MOUNTAIN BIKE magazine!

maybe find a road forum?

yossarian
    Free Member

Very nice OP

Pastcaring – the thing that makes singletrack a bit different from everywhere else on the net is the eclectic mix of people and bikes. If that’s a problem for you then perhaps you are onthe wrong website altogether?

Sandwich

Strangely not everything in life will fit into nice neat pigeonholes. Relax a bit you’ll find things are much improved. 8)

Bike’s a lovely colour and nicely devoid of commercial logos.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

pastcaring – Member

funny, riding my mountain bike stops me from getting fat! if it was a nice mountain bike a may of been a little jealous…

think it says it all at the top of the page,

singletrack MOUNTAIN BIKE magazine!

maybe find a road forum?

Cock.

pastcaring
    Free Member

name calling, have a touched a nerve…

cos deep down you know road bikes are shit

and their must be road forums you could use? or are you afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of real roadies…

upcreek
    Free Member

Pastcaring If you don’t like roadie stuff why open the thread? and if you think the thread shouldn’t be here as it’s an MTB forum then why not report it to a mod?

ahwiles
    Free Member

smell_it – Member
    makes a pleasant change to have to look who made the frame rather than be faced with 2 dozen logo’s!

Sandwich – Member
    Bike’s a lovely colour and nicely devoid of commercial logos

i couldn’t agree more.

very nice.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

pastcaring – Member

name calling, have a touched a nerve…

cos deep down you know road bikes are shit

and their must be road forums you could use? or are you afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of real roadies…

Rubbish troll is rubbish.

Kuco

Nice 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

Rubbish troll is rubbish.

oh i don’t know, i nearly bit – what with it’s terrible spelling…

i give it 6/10 troll-points.

rOcKeTdOg

Someone give pastcaring his medication

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ahahaha, at the top of my page it says “must be new road bike season”. no mention of mountain bikes! are you really surprised at what you found in this post? ahahaha

MrKmkII
    Free Member

pastcaring, earlier: “i hate road bikes, me. mountain bikes all the way! i certainly wouldn’t post a pic of a road bike here”

even earlier: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/more-touring-bags

by the way, that’s a lush finish on the OP’s frame

13thfloormonk

Hee hee, think the anti-road trollers need to move it up a notch, getting a bit samey and predictable.

Lovely looking bike Paulpalf, although I’m still new to road bikes and appreciate some big bold logos here and there 😉

paulpalf
    Free Member

Posting here is interesting with the time change…just getting up and a whole flood of posts overnight. Some of you got out of bed the wrong side though didn’t you? There was even a mountain bike pic in the thread, quit bellyaching!

These frames, like most carbon, are coming out of the far east, but for now we are painting here in Vancouver which allows us to do the custom paint. Standard finish is clearcoat over carbon. We recently did one in orange Kandy which looks pretty nice.

Frame and fork will some somewhere just over $2k canadian. They come in around 950-1050g depending on size. One of the guys built one up under 14lbs with Zipp 303’s, so they are pretty light.

Anyway, off to ride the mountain bike in the sun, the road bike will have to wait!

Lifer
    Free Member

Very nice!

mogrim

Love the paint job, but there’s something about the tube sizes that spoils it for me. Still, not my bike so not my problem! (And the important thing is the ride, of course!)

loddrik
    Free Member

Whilst Pastcaring may have been a little brusk, I have to agree, road bikes are shite.

13thfloormonk

Whilst Pastcaring may have been a little brusk, I have to agree, road bikes are shite.

Proved my point. 8)

Oh, and its ‘brusque’ by the way.

RustySpanner

Couple of points:

1. That bike is gorgeous, one of the classiest carbon frames I’ve yet seen.

2. I’m fat and I like road bikes.

3. I actually think I may be too fat to fit into a nice, neat pigeon-hole.

Although I’m always up for a challenge.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Lovely finish, I like that. I love folk with blinkered views. Bikes are bikes. They are all really just kids toys.

boblo
    Free Member

Yep. At least road riders can spell ‘proply’…. 😉

BTW, that’s some mixed route if you need rockboots and a deadman 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s brusk and/or brusque. Maybe if you spent a bit less time in Lycra and looking at yourself in the mirror you’d know not to incorrectly castigate someone else for a correct spelling of a word used in correct context.

Road bikes are indeed shite.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ahahahaha, that seems to read:

I think you’ll find it’s brusk and/or brusque. Maybe if you spent a bit less time in Lycra and looking at yourself in the mirror you’d know not to incorrectly castigate someone else for a correct spelling of a word used in correct context.

ergo

Road bikes are indeed shite.

13thfloormonk

I think you’ll find it’s brusk and/or brusque.

Pah! Goddam yanky spellings.

Now, where’s this castigation you were speaking of? I was merely politely pointing out that you had chosen the lesser of the two possible spellings of the word. 😉

Bez

Great looking frame.

The graphics look like they got the tea boy to do them, though.

And – more disturbingly – it looks like the tea boy just looked up the bike-related company which had the most similar name and nicked their graphics.

boblo
    Free Member

If you’re in France, you use French spelling
    If you’re in Italy, you use Italian spelling
    If you’re in Germany, you use German spelling
    If you’re in the United Kingdom, you use British English spelling
    Nuff said….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Must be new road bike season…’ is closed to new replies.